You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#11614 - 01/23/09 06:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Howard,
I'm sorry to hear your news. You're in my prayers.
Well wishes galore,
Noel

#11615 - 01/23/09 07:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Noel96]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Howard,

You have been and will remain in our prayers. Please keep the faith and hang in there, and of course let me know if there is anything personal I can do for you and/or family. You know I am only a few hours or so drive away.

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#11616 - 01/23/09 08:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Danny C.]
Howard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Leesville,La. USA
I can't thank you all enough for the support and encouragement. My local oncologist said that since I was still able to get around and feed myself,etc, that there was a pretty good chance to beat this. My age is against me, 71 next month, but I'm pretty hopeful. I hate how it's hurting my wife, she lost her last three siblings in less than a year from cancer.Again thank you all so much.

#11617 - 01/23/09 08:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
often the wives get overlooked in these situations and need extra love and encouragement too. please give your wife a big hug and a kiss for me, harold, and tell her how much she is appreciated. my thoughts are with you both.
don

#11618 - 01/23/09 08:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I know what you mean about the wife. My wife lost her mother to cancer when my wife was 15. When I had my bout I could see the worry in her face regardless how much she tried to hide it. That hurt more than the chemo!

For what it’s worth I found that whey protein really helped me. I bought the chocolate favored powder that I mixed with milk. It is the same whey protein that body builders use. It really helped me with my energy level. You may want to check it out.

Good luck my friend.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#11619 - 01/23/09 10:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
edbulmer Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto
We'll here for you Howard. A great bunch here, stay focused and positive, it does make a difference. I have a fellow boating friend who's had this for 15 years. He's doing well. I know everyone's different but we are praying for you. What a great head start. Keep us informed.

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor

#11620 - 01/23/09 10:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: edbulmer]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
if protein supplements are in order, then i heartily recommend Ensure supplement shakes. with my swallowing difficulty my doctor prescribed it to keep my weight up. walmart Equate is cheaper but fewer flavors. the ensure butter pecan is scrumptious. i get it through the va canteen for 16.50/24 case. i drink 2 per day and have kept my weight up but my fingernails grow like weeds. howard, are you a veteran? the va has several programs that would benefit both you and your wife. one is 'respite care' where they will send a nurse to your home so your wife can get a break. check with your nearest va.

don

#11621 - 01/24/09 12:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Don Gaynor]
Le Miz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Austin, TX
You (and your family) are in my prayers, Howard.

#11622 - 01/24/09 12:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Le Miz]
DennisD Offline
Journeyman

Loc: BC Interior
Howard, sorry to hear about your prognosis. My thoughts will be with you. I wish you enduring good spirits, and continual prayer. Dennis

#11623 - 01/24/09 04:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: DennisD]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
You have our thoughts & prayers from Downunder too, Howard.

#11624 - 01/24/09 05:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Keith from Oz]
guitarman Offline
Expert

Loc: U.K
Keep the chin up Howard and have faith.

We are all rooting for you.

Best wishes

Alan

#11625 - 01/24/09 06:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
PapaMikie Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa ON Canada
And an other prayer for you.

#11626 - 01/24/09 08:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Hope you pull through Howard, I'm rootin' for ya

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#11627 - 01/24/09 12:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Howard, I was talking with my wife about your situation, and she told me about someone she knows who had lymphoma around her heart, her lungs, both kidneys, her liver and stomach, well pretty much the whole abdominal cavity including small and large intestines. She was diagnosed about three years ago, today she is free from any of it.

We belive her positive outlook and the fact that she believes in prayer, brought her through this, so don't give up!

toucher

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#11628 - 01/24/09 03:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: toucher]
Beagle Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Fort Worth TX, USA
God bless Howard! Prayers for you! Look forward to your healthy return!

#11629 - 01/26/09 12:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
lkmuller Offline
Expert

Loc: Aiea, HI, USA
Howard! You know you're in my thoughts. We've been friends a long time. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Anything. I WILL help, I promise.

Lee

#11630 - 01/26/09 08:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
davemilleruk Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Devon UK
Hang in there Howard, You got lots of prayers and support here.
I'm sendin ya some positive thoughts and a special prayer from the UK

Kindest Regards,
Dave.

#11631 - 01/26/09 12:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Oren Fisher Offline
Expert

Loc: Victoria, BC Canada
Howard,

Everybody's got their favorite cure for cancer, and they are all valid to some degree or other, even for older folks. As time and energy permit, have a look at as many as you can, and deploy the ones that resonate for you. People all over the world are curing all kinds of cancer in the most amazing ways - some of them very inexpensive and easily accessible. (Natural healing has been an interest of mine for many years - PM me if you would like some help finding information on some of the more useful strategies.)

All I'm really suggesting is that you take an active hand in your "cure", and involve your wife as much as possible so she feels like a valued part of the process. Team up, get pro-active, and enjoy the challenge of making yourself a little stronger every day.

Oren.

#11632 - 01/26/09 01:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Oren Fisher]
TeleBob Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Howard
You are in the hands of the ultimate healer. You will be in prayers all over the world.

Be blessed
Bob

#11633 - 01/26/09 02:38 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: TeleBob]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Hello everyone. I just went to see Howard at the Hospital. He had just gotten into a room and was getting blood work. He and his wife seemed in good spirits. I'll check on him later this week and let everyone know how he is doing. occ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53021 Topics
440088 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23, BIGALTX

27834 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152