You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#11614 - 01/23/09 06:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Howard,
I'm sorry to hear your news. You're in my prayers.
Well wishes galore,
Noel

#11615 - 01/23/09 07:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Noel96]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Howard,

You have been and will remain in our prayers. Please keep the faith and hang in there, and of course let me know if there is anything personal I can do for you and/or family. You know I am only a few hours or so drive away.

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#11616 - 01/23/09 08:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Danny C.]
Howard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Leesville,La. USA
I can't thank you all enough for the support and encouragement. My local oncologist said that since I was still able to get around and feed myself,etc, that there was a pretty good chance to beat this. My age is against me, 71 next month, but I'm pretty hopeful. I hate how it's hurting my wife, she lost her last three siblings in less than a year from cancer.Again thank you all so much.

#11617 - 01/23/09 08:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
often the wives get overlooked in these situations and need extra love and encouragement too. please give your wife a big hug and a kiss for me, harold, and tell her how much she is appreciated. my thoughts are with you both.
don

#11618 - 01/23/09 08:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I know what you mean about the wife. My wife lost her mother to cancer when my wife was 15. When I had my bout I could see the worry in her face regardless how much she tried to hide it. That hurt more than the chemo!

For what it’s worth I found that whey protein really helped me. I bought the chocolate favored powder that I mixed with milk. It is the same whey protein that body builders use. It really helped me with my energy level. You may want to check it out.

Good luck my friend.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#11619 - 01/23/09 10:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
edbulmer Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto
We'll here for you Howard. A great bunch here, stay focused and positive, it does make a difference. I have a fellow boating friend who's had this for 15 years. He's doing well. I know everyone's different but we are praying for you. What a great head start. Keep us informed.

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor

#11620 - 01/23/09 10:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: edbulmer]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
if protein supplements are in order, then i heartily recommend Ensure supplement shakes. with my swallowing difficulty my doctor prescribed it to keep my weight up. walmart Equate is cheaper but fewer flavors. the ensure butter pecan is scrumptious. i get it through the va canteen for 16.50/24 case. i drink 2 per day and have kept my weight up but my fingernails grow like weeds. howard, are you a veteran? the va has several programs that would benefit both you and your wife. one is 'respite care' where they will send a nurse to your home so your wife can get a break. check with your nearest va.

don

#11621 - 01/24/09 12:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Don Gaynor]
Le Miz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Austin, TX
You (and your family) are in my prayers, Howard.

#11622 - 01/24/09 12:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Le Miz]
DennisD Offline
Journeyman

Loc: BC Interior
Howard, sorry to hear about your prognosis. My thoughts will be with you. I wish you enduring good spirits, and continual prayer. Dennis

#11623 - 01/24/09 04:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: DennisD]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
You have our thoughts & prayers from Downunder too, Howard.

#11624 - 01/24/09 05:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Keith from Oz]
guitarman Offline
Expert

Loc: U.K
Keep the chin up Howard and have faith.

We are all rooting for you.

Best wishes

Alan

#11625 - 01/24/09 06:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
PapaMikie Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa ON Canada
And an other prayer for you.

#11626 - 01/24/09 08:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Hope you pull through Howard, I'm rootin' for ya

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#11627 - 01/24/09 12:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Howard, I was talking with my wife about your situation, and she told me about someone she knows who had lymphoma around her heart, her lungs, both kidneys, her liver and stomach, well pretty much the whole abdominal cavity including small and large intestines. She was diagnosed about three years ago, today she is free from any of it.

We belive her positive outlook and the fact that she believes in prayer, brought her through this, so don't give up!

toucher

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#11628 - 01/24/09 03:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: toucher]
Beagle Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Fort Worth TX, USA
God bless Howard! Prayers for you! Look forward to your healthy return!

#11629 - 01/26/09 12:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
lkmuller Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aiea, HI, USA
Howard! You know you're in my thoughts. We've been friends a long time. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Anything. I WILL help, I promise.

Lee

#11630 - 01/26/09 08:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: BlueTurbit]
davemilleruk Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Devon UK
Hang in there Howard, You got lots of prayers and support here.
I'm sendin ya some positive thoughts and a special prayer from the UK

Kindest Regards,
Dave.

#11631 - 01/26/09 12:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Howard]
Oren Fisher Offline
Expert

Loc: Victoria, BC Canada
Howard,

Everybody's got their favorite cure for cancer, and they are all valid to some degree or other, even for older folks. As time and energy permit, have a look at as many as you can, and deploy the ones that resonate for you. People all over the world are curing all kinds of cancer in the most amazing ways - some of them very inexpensive and easily accessible. (Natural healing has been an interest of mine for many years - PM me if you would like some help finding information on some of the more useful strategies.)

All I'm really suggesting is that you take an active hand in your "cure", and involve your wife as much as possible so she feels like a valued part of the process. Team up, get pro-active, and enjoy the challenge of making yourself a little stronger every day.

Oren.

#11632 - 01/26/09 01:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: Oren Fisher]
TeleBob Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Howard
You are in the hands of the ultimate healer. You will be in prayers all over the world.

Be blessed
Bob

#11633 - 01/26/09 02:38 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Bad news [Re: TeleBob]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Hello everyone. I just went to see Howard at the Hospital. He had just gotten into a room and was getting blood work. He and his wife seemed in good spirits. I'll check on him later this week and let everyone know how he is doing. occ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28089 Members
57 Forums
54481 Topics
450586 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Vladislav, tjohnson1800, RickyWonder, M.Raz, omicloud

28088 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 201
Matt Finley 144