You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#134445 - 11/22/11 05:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Tascam US-800 or 600
Baggman Offline

Hi Guys, I was thinking of buying either the Tascam US-800 or the 600. For some reason the 800 is cheaper. I was just wondering does anyone know of any driver problems for either of these on a Windows Vista 64 bit OS (which is what I have).

Just any other information/ reviews on these products would be good! Thanks

#134446 - 11/22/11 06:40 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Baggman]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
No experience with Vista, i do have the 800 and it runs smooth on XP. Most of the complaints i have heard regarding Tascam involve Win 7, but i imagine that might also include Vista.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#134447 - 11/22/11 09:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Robh]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Don't know about Vista, but my US-800 runs fine on Windows 7 (but had to download drivers from the web site, not using the disk that came with it).

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#134448 - 11/23/11 10:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: jford]
Robh Offline
Veteran

That is good to know John, I am planning an OS upgrade this next year.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#134449 - 11/23/11 11:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Robh]
Baggman Offline

I'm still a bit confused as to why this is so much cheaper than the US-600 even though it has more inputs? I plan to use it with Cubase LE5 (provided) or the latest version of Reaper, what do you guys use it with?

Thanks

Adam

#134450 - 11/23/11 02:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Baggman]
Robh Offline
Veteran

It seems to be a sale item. I bought mine for $99 recently as did several others here, compliments of Mr Silvertones heads up!

#134451 - 11/23/11 03:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Robh]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
I think a lot of equipment is in the surplus stage right now due to economy, and when a company has newer model released (or coming soon) they have to move all the previous model or end up eating the production cost.

Related-
M-Audio BX8a Deluxe monitors had a new redesign (now called BX8a D2) and those BX5a and BX8a deluxe monitors are down to $149 and $249 per pair! Much lower than last year.

They claim the new model goes 2Hz lower in the specs. All other specs match up.
New model = $499

Funny thing is I've reports that say the BX8a Deluxe (last years model) had an actual response going 6Hz below what the specs said. So maybe these new ones go even lower.. who knows, but they have to move the old models now..so demand goes up for the new ones.

#134452 - 11/24/11 08:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: rharv]
Zan Cantwell Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Guitar Town
I have the 600 running with Vista, no problems

#134453 - 12/08/11 12:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: Zan Cantwell]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
US-800 is again at $99 at Musician's Friend.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/computer-...-midi-interface

I've had a couple go arounds with both audio and midi tracking/mixing with this device.

Pros:

1. The mic preamps seem pretty danged clean. Much cleaner than I expected for $99. I would say they are better than on my PreSonus FireBox. Unfortunately I can't do a shoot-out between the devices. Don't expect loads of gain with dynamic mics. I have an ElectroVoice PL80a (designed for stage use, unidirectional, etc.) and have to crank the pre-amp input knob to 100% for close-mic'ing a classical guitar. I know, not an ideal mic for the situation, but I 'run what I brung'. Still a nice clean signal but I would have liked perhaps another 5-10 dB of gain.
2. While connected to the computer, the device can function like a mixer, don't need your DAW software open to set mic levels.
3. It is 6 mic or line inputs, with phantom power, for $99 - almost unheard of.

Cons:

1. You MUST wait until your PC is completely booted, before powering up the unit - otherwise Win 7 will not see the device.
2. You MUST reset the latency on the unit's GUI each and every time you use it - hassle.
3. I was at the middle of a 3 hour recording marathon (that's a marathon for me, don't have the kind of time I used to for this stuff) and Win 7 decides that it no longer recognizes the device - right in the middle of a tracking session. Crackles, then just plain stoppage of the DAW software. Had to exit all the way out of DAW software then reboot Win7, turn on the unit, reset latency to my desired setting, etc.
4. TASCAM customer support takes over a day to reply to inquiries. The unoffical but only existing tascam message board/forum is a pay-for service - can you believe that? It's a small fee, but still, you would think Tascam could host something like this without charging customers. They choose not to host any user-contributed help and allow an outside entity to do this.

#134454 - 12/08/11 04:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Tascam US-800 or 600 [Re: rockstar_not]
Jeanda Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi,

I'm running BIAB with Win7 and Tascam 600 (more expensive than Tascam 800 !!).
Jamming with BIAB 2012 (5 instances of Amplitude and more), grabbing with Cubase 5....no latency, no glitches, everything OK. I power Tascam 600 BEFORE booting the Laptop.
RAM 4 Gb
Tascam US-600 Audio Midi Interface
BIAB 2013
Cubase 7

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27838 Members
57 Forums
53062 Topics
440544 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 138
David Snyder 138