You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#143002 - 12/25/11 06:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Noel96]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

You are in our prayers as well. Get well soon!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#143003 - 12/25/11 06:52 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Noel96]
yjoh Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Australia
I hope you get well soon.

Merry Christmas.

[i]Music...a joy for life.

#143004 - 12/25/11 07:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Merry Christmas to all my friends at PG Forum! I am still in intensive care. Not where I intended to spend Christmas this year!

I want to first of all celebrate the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ! And I am so thankful for my very supportive wife and family. And you guys at the PG Forum are such a real treasure! I have felt your prayers throughout this entire ordeal. Thank you so much!

My body finally started responding to treatments yesterday evening and I had the first good night of rest since Tuesday. I hope to get upgraded to a regular room by tonight , and be able to go home within a very few days. So you are not rid of me yet!

I'm still pretty weak and intend to milk that for all it's worth when I get home.

Again thanks so much for your prayers and so very kind words. You guys are the greatest!

#143005 - 12/25/11 07:18 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Steve Young]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
YAY for responding to treatment! That's a pretty Merry Christmas, Steve -- keep it up, and get the heck out of there!
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#143006 - 12/25/11 07:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: filkertom]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
that's great news, Steve! Since you'll be off work for a while, you should have time to make some music once you get home!

#143007 - 12/25/11 07:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Noel96]
Stephan326 Offline
Enthusiast

GodSpeed!!!!

#143008 - 12/25/11 08:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Noel96]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Hey Cuz ,I definitely will pray for you ,been sick me self with a cough for 3 weeks . Not hospital sick ,but whiny don't wanna wash the dishes or take out the trash sick . Hope your wife don't get what I have ! Get well soon Cuz ! Merry Christmas ,JESUS is the reason for the season.

Your friend in CHRIST !
Tommy Cole

#143009 - 12/25/11 09:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Steve Young]
Brian Hughes Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jonesboro Arkansas
You are in my prayer Steve. I hope you get well soon. Merry Christmas and God Bless you.
Brian

#143010 - 12/25/11 07:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Brian Hughes]
CarlosEArellano Offline
Productor Musical

Loc: Venezuela
Hi Steve, you are in our prayers and glad about good medical news, in the meantime we are sending you our positive energy and best wishes for a complete health recovery.

Carlos

#143011 - 12/25/11 10:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: CarlosEArellano]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Thanks for the update Steve, and it's all sounding good! Keep us posted.

#143012 - 12/25/11 10:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: CarlosEArellano]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Steve I'm so glad you are getting better. Standing with you in prayer. And I know your family will be so thankful to have you home that you'll get all the pampering you can handle. Looking forward to hearing that wonderful voice and many more beautiful songs.

#143013 - 12/25/11 11:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Sundance]
eddie1261 - gone Offline
Veteran

Steve, remember that everything's bigger in Texas, and that by logic includes infections!! So take an extra few days of BIGGER rest to chase that BIGGER infection away!! And we'll all help with BIGGER prayers!

#143014 - 12/27/11 01:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
I am now out of the hospital and at home! I was released yesterday evening. I am weak, but getting stronger every day.

Thank all of you so much for all your prayers! I look forward to many more good days of making and enjoying music with my friends here at PG Music!

You guys are the best!

Steve

#143015 - 12/27/11 02:40 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Steve Young]
lkmuller Offline
Expert

Loc: Aiea, HI, USA
I'm glad things have worked out for you. Every day is a gift.

#143016 - 12/27/11 03:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: lkmuller]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Whoo hoo!
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#143017 - 12/27/11 06:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: filkertom]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Good News! Get well soon.

Happy New Year,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#143018 - 12/27/11 06:58 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Danny C.]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Praise God! I'm so happy to hear that Steve.

#143019 - 12/27/11 07:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Sundance]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

That's great news - continue to get better... Look forward to your next tune.

Bob

#143020 - 12/29/11 01:01 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: rsdean]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Surrey,England
Sorry I missed your post Steve - and sorrier still to know that you were ill.

I'm so glad to read that you're on recovery street and heading back our way.

Take care my friend.

Martin

#143021 - 12/29/11 02:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Prayer request [Re: Mr_Songman]
retake Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Steve, Glad to hear. I pray that you will regain all your strength and be totally healed very quickly. I always look forward to your songs.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Forum Stats
27626 Members
50 Forums
52250 Topics
432506 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hudsfb1JIK, PUNJAB123, doorhardwareuk, LemonStreetMusic, Rich Chapple Sr

27622 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 197