You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#182623 - 12/03/12 01:39 PM [User Showcase] New Song - How Wonderful You Are
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi all,

I have been out of circulation for a couple months, so I thought I better post something before I forget how to!

This is a worship song I actually wrote a few years ago, but never got around to recording it. I coerced my wife into doing the vocals on it. The music is a combination of RealTracks/RealDrums, along with a good bit of orchestration I played, using Garritan Personal Orchestra. I hope you enjoy it!

How Wonderful You Are

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1597:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsArp Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1703:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Country12-8Brent Sw 065
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^02-a:Kick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

#182624 - 12/03/12 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Steve Young]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

A masterful mixing of all the realtracks and the vocals!!!! By the way, your wife is a mucho super singer. This is a great production -- well done across the board.

I went ahead and threw my computer and musical instruments out the back door and stomped around on them (ha, ha). I am humbled.

#182625 - 12/03/12 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Kemmrich]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! Everything about it. A beautiful song. The orchestration is terrific. The mix is a match for the quality of the song, the instrumentation and the singing. And OH! that singing. Man, that woman is a keeper! What a voice! Gorgeous!

Great selection of tracks, as always.

You need to write a duet for the two of you to do.

Did I mention.. I like it!

floyd

#182626 - 12/03/12 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Steve Young]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Steve,

Magical, not many songs fill my soul, but this one does.

Great work.
Singing Beautiful.
Orchestration superb.

Best regards
George

#182627 - 12/03/12 03:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: George Nelson]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I always look forward to listening to your songs, and this one doesn't disappoint.

Your wife has a great voice. Nice build and orchestration - I love the timpani roll!

I've never had much luck with orchestrating brass, and GPO has a been a bit of a disappointment in that category. So it's good to hear someone having success there.

The only nit - the instruments (in particular, the guitars) are very in front, and seem to overpower the voice, especially in the beginning. Then again, I'm listening through cheap headphones.

Thanks for posting!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#182628 - 12/03/12 08:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: dcuny]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Been missing you around here. Beautiful song. Love the vocal and the harmonies. They could've been mixed maybe a stitch louder - I'm listening on headphones. Still a great mix and what a pleasure to listen to the way you weave RT's with an orchestra.

Excellent.
My Videos

#182629 - 12/04/12 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Sundance]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Great voice, harmonies, instruments, orchestration and mix.
It's really wonderful.

Guenter

#182630 - 12/04/12 11:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: boehm]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
What can I say that has not been already said. I agree with Josie maybe the vox could be a little louder but otherwise excellent.
And floyd jane is right we now need a duet with you and the wife

Alyn

#182631 - 12/04/12 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: boehm]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Beautiful piece of music. The harmonies are lush and powerful. Your wife has a wonderful voice. Music is great as always with you, love the crescendo. Thanks for sharing, God bless, wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#182632 - 12/04/12 01:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: PgFantastic]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Steve,

Agree with all the accolades above.

Your wife's voice is so beautiful.

Say thanks to your wife, and also thanks for sharing your hard work and music.

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#182633 - 12/04/12 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Steve Young]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Well it's all been said, but I'll certainly 2nd it!

Beautiful voice, great mix! What's not to love??

I agree the vox could come just a little.

Greg

#182634 - 12/04/12 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Achordocaster]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Steve,
Outstanding. What a glorious song!
SD

#182635 - 12/04/12 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: SpaceDog]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
It's all been said, I am sitting here listeing with jaw dropped on the floor at your wife's wonderful voice.

Merry Christmas!

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#182636 - 12/05/12 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Danny C.]
Tano Music Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Charlotte, NC
excellent work....so polished...sophisticated, yet simple and clean...all elements working together, loved it.

#182637 - 12/05/12 08:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Tano Music]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Nicely done Cuz, your wife sure can sing! I love the mix too! I haven't done much lately either, been too busy with Church stuff.

#182638 - 12/05/12 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Tommyc]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Steve - I can't get to your song from the office computer. I'll have to check it out later. Not sure what my company has against soundcloud....

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#182639 - 12/05/12 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: MikeK]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
That's a beautiful piece in every respect - too many to list!
Well done Steve and Mrs Steve.

John
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 3

#182640 - 12/05/12 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: Skyline]
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Everything above +10! Wow!

Mike B.

#182641 - 12/06/12 04:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: cubanpete]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Great to have you back Steve. We welcome your wife too...a beautiful voice!
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k@4.6Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 3.7

#182642 - 12/07/12 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are [Re: MountainSide]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Wow, Steve... this is better than most of the stuff in my CC music collection! It is at least 10 times better than the stuff I listened to growing up.

when I listen to your songs I always think "Man, I wish *I* had recorded that!"

Based on the old saying that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", I am at a loss to flatter you because I can't even begin to imitate what you and your wife do.

But I am very pleased that you use your awesome talent for praise! Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

PS
please consider posting something crummy once in a while. It's a bit embarrassing to park a Yugo beside a whole parking lot full of your MERCEDES

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

Forum Stats
27967 Members
57 Forums
53946 Topics
445573 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nono2907, whrlaf, visioncl, Graybones, kikesh

27967 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 476
David Snyder 148