Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#239127 - 02/08/14 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
Elliott Kayne Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Florida
Great song, good mix. Fun Country tune. My only comment is there is a bit too much reverb on your vocals. You might try panning the reverb far right or left so you dont hear it as prevalent but it smooths out. I really like the drum mix.

http://www.KayneMusic.com
My Posts:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=12285
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ekayne

#239147 - 02/08/14 03:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Floyd and jane awesome some great job thanks eric

#239183 - 02/08/14 06:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom - have to say... I like all them words! Thanks for the kindness. Sorry that I could not clear up the confusion...

Greg (J) - Thanks for the listen. Sometimes one of the phrase turnabouts just hits you in a way that says "That could make a good song..."

#239186 - 02/08/14 06:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

ROG - Thanks for the listen... actually, I thought this one might have a few flaws in it... I had this sitting for a while and re-mixed it right before posting it - and I started experimenting with the vocal track - I'm "looking for something" that I haven't found yet - and this ended up "a bit different"... too much reverb - which Elliott pinged... so I need to look at it some..

Joanne - thanks for the spin...

Josie - I like the "crest of the hill" best, myself... thanks..

Elliot - appreciate you stopping by. Yeah.. the verb is a bit much. I was trying something new and the reverb was printed on the vocal track - so when I processed it further, it accentuated the reverb...

eric - thanks for the listen.

#239208 - 02/08/14 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

brilliant write! another cool chorus!

#239238 - 02/09/14 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Top notch lyric, melody, vocals, RT choice, arrangement and mix. Major studio sound all the way. This is what we should be hearing on "country" radio.

This will become my reference song for mixing...not that I'll get there but I can dream. Everything sits perfectly in the mix -- yet it also stands out on its own. How the heck do you do that?? And do it so consistently?? I know the tips and the tricks....but there is something here that eludes my abilities. Just being able to consistently write songs like this would a major accomplishment but to sing them this way and mix and master your own arrangements. Come on.....
J&B Website

#239293 - 02/09/14 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Bob - I'm tryin'... you might want to hold off a while before that release... Dylan just released a box set - Volume 1 - of "the complete albums set" - it contains 47 discs.... given time, we may be able to beat that!!!!

We're on it, son. wink

Pre-orders are now being accepted for the 2014 Floyd jane Dual CD “Floyd jane – A Man And His Music” boxed set! Yes, Floyd jane, the acclaimed International Recording Artist, available for your personal listening pleasure!

Also, if you order early, you will receive an 8X10 Glossy photograph, autographed by Floyd jane hisself! shocked

Don't miss out, yall – order today!

Send $40.00 (In Cash) to:

Floyd jane Boxed Set
PO Box 376
Swamp Possum, Ar. 63245

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#239353 - 02/10/14 02:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Floyd,
This is a great love song, I like the lyrics, in fact everything is perfect.

As someone said this is what country should sound like.

Alyn

#239419 - 02/10/14 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Lawrence - thanks. appreciate that...

Bud - You're gonna have me looking for a new hat soon!...

Bob - check's in the mail... you will take a check from me..right?

Alyn - thank you. glad you dropped by...

#239549 - 02/11/14 02:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Hey Floyd,

I was in the process of writing a country tune called Man with a Blindfold that carries some of the sentiments of your song. And, now that I've heard it, Blindfold lies crumpled in the trash where it belongs.

Dean

#239632 - 02/12/14 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
Steve Young Online   content
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Floyd,

I have been out of commission for several weeks, and my time is very short today, but when I saw your song post, I had to listen. I'm sure glad I did. You know I am a fan of your work, and this one is just another good one to add the the list! Great chorus. Love the turn of the words, inside out.

Really enjoyed it!

Steve

#239799 - 02/14/14 12:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
RichMac Online   content
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Great country feel and lyrics.Very clear and clean production.

#239915 - 02/14/14 10:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Dean - Man with a Blindfold - ya gotta dig that back out - I want to hear it! Thanks for the listen...

Steve - always appreciate you dropping by. Hope things quiet down for you soon... so we can hear some more from you... thanks for the kind words...

Richard - thanks for listening and commenting...

#239927 - 02/15/14 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hey floyd,

I've been listening to "Inside Out" just about every time I wander around Users Showcase. Twenty or so listens later, it's still sounds fresh and makes me smile. The only difference is that I can now sing a long with you, American accent and all smile

So, what do I like ...

1. Introduction
The 4/4 bar followed by a 2/4 bar of drums alone is just great at setting the mood. Upbeat and happy, and the mixed time signatures throw the listener a little out of kilter because they are not what's expected. As you've show us many times in your songs, there's nothing quite like disrupting 'what's expected' to set the emotional tone.

2. Verses
I laughed out loud at "i salted my coffee, i sugared my eggs, now they're scrambled and a little too sweet". That's such a good image! What stood out to me most in the verses is how you used rhyme to close a section. By this, I mean that the first 4 lines of each verse is essentially a single thought and that thought cleanly closes when line 4 rhymes with line 2. Then lines 5 to 8 begin a new lyrical thought. While that second lyrical thought also closes equally strongly with rhyme, musically you leave the 8th line wide open so that it drives home into the chorus. Nice!

3. Chorus
That aaabba rhyme scheme is awesome! And the pay-off of twisting the interpretation of 'inside out' around, well, that's classic floyd jane creativity that's a signature in so many of your songs. In "Inside Out", it's also a terrific pay-off.

4. Writing
Melody, lyrics and chord progression are incredibly well matched.

5. Arrangement
When I listened from the perspective of arrangement, words that sprang to mind were "thoughtful", "oooo, that's clever", "great use of musical sweeteners and spices", "this could SHOULD be on the radio".

6. Performance
For me, the believability factor of these lyrics clocks in at 100%. The singer (as the song's main character) is incredibly easy to visualise and to feel empathy with. He's a really likeable person. The combination of melody, lyrics and your singing makes all this possible in such a professionally seamless way.

Ok ... it's back for another listen now ....

All the best,
Noel

#239936 - 02/15/14 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Inside Out [Re: floyd jane]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Really enjoyed this tune. Very neat lyrics. Song the rhythm to the song. Vocals were excellent

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26972 Members
49 Forums
49722 Topics
407128 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
easyasonetwo, Beni, Jose Mauricio, Mike Gaudet, CJO4124

26972 Registered Users