Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#277581 - 01/01/15 07:44 PM [User Showcase] Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Happy New Year to all! I've been away, so I haven't had the chance to listen to all the great stuff Forum members are contributing. My New Year's resolution: Try to catch up.

Here is a collaboration between myself and Claus Maurice, a top German jazz guitarist and the composer of

.....................FUNK IN THE TRUNK

Claus Maurice: composer, guitar
Aleck Rand: arranger, keyboards, bass
RealDrums: funk style

#277593 - 01/01/15 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Funk it to me!! Happy New Year Dean, and what a great track to kick it off with. Beautiful song, arrangement, and performance. Love the organ solo. Top shelf all the way! Take care. Greg

#277616 - 01/02/15 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Dean,

Happy New Year! You start it with a great song.
Awesome horns and organ.
My regards to Claus. He's the only one I follow on
Soundcloud. Great composition and guitar.

Guenter

#277630 - 01/02/15 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
very nice. A quality production and great musicianship. Good collaboration.

#277699 - 01/02/15 11:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Wow! What awesome skill. Very cool.
SD

#277718 - 01/02/15 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
GREAT! So well put together in all areas. Each instrument is clear and precise; and the the lead guitar fits the mix just perfect; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#277756 - 01/02/15 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Dean,
That is a great mix. You always showcase
all of the tracks very well -- everything seems to
have it's place and nothing steps on another. It's
easy to forget how important all of that is when
listening and commenting on tunes.

Then comes the great playing that is featured in the
production. A cool collab that really works well,
very well. A fine way to start 2015, indeed.
J&B Website

#277826 - 01/02/15 07:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Amazing! The overall sound draws me in instantly, and the arrangement, instrumental performances, and sound quality are stunning. Completely professional except for the drummer who didn't get this gig (well, someone did, but it was in Vancouver or something smile ). But the RealDrums work perfectly and with everything else going on, I would never even think about that if I didn't know the drums are from BIAB.

Thanks,
Bruce

#277836 - 01/02/15 09:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Well played, solid track. Not much else to say! smile

-- David

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#277868 - 01/03/15 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Some great musicians at work here Dean. The music, and surely the guitar reminds me of the 70's Dutch band Focus, with Jan Akkerman and the organ by Thijs Van Leer.
Loved it !
G
Fred

#277884 - 01/03/15 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Awesome, Dean (and Claus).

Stellar horns! Cool organ!

Excellent arrangement and mix.

Delightful listen.

floyd

#277896 - 01/03/15 07:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Dean and Claus,

WOW what a start to the new year!
What can I say about your contribution to this forum, Dean, absolute astounding as always.
It must take a lot of work, from BIAB to end up with a piece like that and it is always worth it.

Great solos

thoroughly enjoyable

Alyn

#278036 - 01/03/15 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Dean and Claus !:))

Firstly..... a Happy New Year
to both of you and a big thanks
for giving us mortals such gems
as all that you do and produce Dean,
seems to me to turn to bright shining gems !!!!:))

Cheers
Dani

#278271 - 01/05/15 01:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Don't know which I like better the track or the title. LOL!

Great stuff.

Josie
My Videos

#278275 - 01/05/15 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Nice work Aleck and Claus. Me like.... wink

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#278373 - 01/06/15 06:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dean and Claus, This showcases a great amount of skill. Great organ solo! The only change I would have made in the mix would be louder drums. I really enjoyed the horns. This whole production was very well done. Tom

#278486 - 01/06/15 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: boehm]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Why, thank you Santa. Claus is a great player and wonderful collaborator.

Dean

#278493 - 01/06/15 08:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Dean & Claus

Wow, way up there. This is really great. Top style, instrumentals, feel, everything.

Great work guys

Trev

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#280001 - 01/14/15 02:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm glad that you pulled the funk out of the trunk! Love that B3 sound!

My kind of music!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#280024 - 01/14/15 04:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rand and Maurice: FUNK IN THE TRUNK [Re: aleck rand]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys great job on this awesome the guitar organ great chops thanks for sharing eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27992 Members
57 Forums
54094 Topics
446259 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
smokinhalfnote, snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers, mononino

27992 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 182