Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#319740 - 11/22/15 09:07 PM [User Showcase] Missing Me
Sundance Offline

Hey Y'all,

I haven't posted a country ballad in a long time so I hope you enjoy this one. I first wrote Missing Me seven years ago when I was going through the grieving process. I thought about it a few weeks ago and decided to finally finish it.

Fair warning - it's a country tearjerker.

©2015 Josie Beck

On the outside I look better
Now that I can laugh and crack a joke
And I can smile when I say your name
Without that lump caught in my throat
My eyes aren't red and swollen anymore
From crying every hour
It looks like I'm getting on with my life
But no one sees inside

I'm missing me
the way I used to be
When we were a family
and me and you were we
Oh when you and I were us
God knows I loved you so much
Now that I'm finally getting through
the pain of losing you
I'm missing me

On the inside I know better
I try to make it day by day
And I still dream of the old days at night
Wishing I could feel the same old way
I know you're up in Heaven looking down
And you don't want me feeling sad
but the part of me that left with you
is never coming back

I used BIAB/RB and mixed in Reaper. The original style was _sbaljj1.sty. All music tracks are RTs and vocals by yours truly. RTs used are: 366 Bass, Drums NashEven8, 1725 Piano, 1513 Guitar, 2325 String Quartet

Your thoughts are always appreciated.
My videos
My songs

#319742 - 11/22/15 09:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
RichMac Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Josie. Country tearjearker indeed. And very well done.
Like the lyrics and the hook idea of missing me as I used to be.
Good one. Cheers.

#319753 - 11/22/15 10:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
VideoTrack Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Really liked the presence of your voice in this one Josie. A really nice mix, and yes, a Country Tear-jerker.

The fiddle carried the song very sensitively. I especially liked the phrasings. A great contribution.

PS: somewhat sadly, I understand that there are some real-world events that lead to the song.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#319755 - 11/22/15 11:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
dcuny Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
Sounds like a country classic. Well written, well sung, and an excellent arrangement. The chorus (and harmony) is particularly strong. The only thing it lacks is some pedal steel guitar. smile
-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#319764 - 11/22/15 11:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
PeterF Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Lovely production (but as you say a tear-jerker) - something in your voice reminded me of Christine McVie.

#319770 - 11/23/15 12:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
gibson Offline

Loc: wales
I'm missing me
the way I used to be

What a phrase!! Says so much.

I enjoyed that listen *wipes tears from eyes*
nice to hear you back!!

I was missing you laugh

ps nice ending
My showcase songs

#319773 - 11/23/15 01:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
ROG Offline

Loc: York, England
Oh wow Josie!

That is just perfect and sounds like the sort of song which could earn money.

Loved everything about it and wouldn't change a thing.

Your voice sounds fabulous and the harmony is amazing. You were obviously going to sing this with emotion, but I have to say that it really comes through and makes the song what it is - perfect.

Just going to find the Kleenex before another listen.

Take care, ROG.

#319785 - 11/23/15 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
Charlie Fogle Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Simply one of your best at every level.
BiaB Ultra Pak 2018:Build 512, RB 2018 Build 5; Windows 7 64 bit AMD Athlon IIX2 215 Dual-core processor; 500GB hard drive; 4GB DDR3 Memory.

#319788 - 11/23/15 04:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
Guitarhacker Offline

Without a doubt, this is my favorite from you.

The melody and progression reminded me a lot of some of David Allen Coe's classic country tunes.

Nice lyrical work in the chorus. This is also classic country word smithing.

My only nit is on the vox. Just a touch of melodyne to pull things into line would be a perfect touch. The chorus harmonies are really sweet... man I really loved the sound of the harmonies, however, I hear too many artifacts through out. Sounds like you used a harmonizer to create them.

Nits aside.... this is a really well done song.
You can find my music at:

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#319789 - 11/23/15 04:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
SRP Offline

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Hi Josie,
The process of loving and then losing someone is masterfully described in this song from someone who could only have gone through it. And then for you to take it to the next step in wanting to find your old self again is just genius. I really enjoyed your writing and your vocals were just perfect. Great song!

#319812 - 11/23/15 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline

Loc: Florida
Josie, I'm on my 4th listen and not my last. I love the write, the melody and your vocal reading of the piece. My new favorite. Classic country! Nice work on the backing tracks. The only nit I have is the intro. Sometimes those piano tracks sound a little funny changing chords. ( depends on the progression ). I would have lengthened the intro a bit to smooth it out some. Your voice sounds spectacular on this. Lady you can really sing! ( and write ) This is so very good. Congrats on a job extremely well done! Tom

#319821 - 11/23/15 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
RnAM Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Beautiful song Josie and we recognize the feeling in the lyrics.
Well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie
We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#319840 - 11/23/15 09:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
boehm Offline

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Josie,

great song and awesome vocals and harmonies.
Nicely arranged.
Very enjoyable listen.

Latest Song: What You Desire

#319849 - 11/23/15 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
floyd jane Offline

Your best, I think. Classic country sound. The melody on the chorus is a stand-out.

Nice arrangement and mix. Good use of the strings.

125+ BIAB Songs

#319874 - 11/23/15 03:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Missing Me [Re: Sundance]
90 dB Offline

This is gorgeous. Your best to date (that I've heard). Sorry for your loss, but some great songs have come from pain, and this is one of them.

Dyslectics Untie!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows® - Installing from an External Hard Drive (Option 2) Tutorial

If you've purchased a Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, there are a few different options for installing the program for you. In this video, we go through the process of installing Band-in-a-Box® using "Option 2" for running Band-in-a-Box® from your computer hard drive, leaving the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB drive:

For more detailed information, visit

No matter how you install and use your Band-in-a-Box® hard drive, make sure you're saving your songs (or a copy of them) to your own folder not on the hard drive - that way you'll have a back-up copy if your hard drive isn't available to you!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows® - Installing from an External Hard Drive (Option 1) Tutorial

Have you purchased a Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, which ships on a portable USB hard drive? Once received, there are a few different options for you: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only, Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive (but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive), Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive, or choose a Custom Installation!

In this video, we go through the process of installing Band-in-a-Box using "Option 1" for running Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive:

For more detailed information, visit

No matter how you install and use your Band-in-a-Box® hard drive, make sure you're saving your songs (or a copy of them) to your own folder not on the hard drive - that way you'll have a back-up copy if your hard drive isn't available to you!

Bach Chorales - Article: “Musical Perfection”: Reflecting on the Contemporary and Timeless Bach Chorales

In his recent article, "Musical Perfection": Reflecting on the Contemporary and Timeless Bach Chorales, Frank Fortunato describes our Bach Chorales software as "a fun, interactive exposure to the Bach chorales, or to introduce the chorales to students in a more interactive way...":

Learn more about Johann Sebastian Bach and listen to choral ensemble sing some of Bach's most enchanting compositions with our multimedia software The Bach Chorales Volume 1 & 2, which includes a detailed history of the life and times of Johann Sebastian Bach and inspiring performances of his famous Chorales!

"...hours of personal entertainment using resources from one of the most timeless collections in the history of music."
-Frank Fortunato,

Video - Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the Flash Drive Tutorial

When you order directly from us, there's an option to have your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK installation files sent to you on a flash drive (instead of DVD).
(this option appears during the check-out process)

We've created this handy tutorial video to walk you through the installation process:

Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson - YouTube Find (EricBlackmonGuitar)

Check out EricBlackmonGuitar's latest video, QUIK LICKS #14 Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson EricBlackmonGuitar HQ, where he not only teached a great guitar riff, but he also repeats that lick over a Band-in-a-Box backing track... what a great way to show how Band-in-a-Box is ideal for backing tracks!

Video link:

Thank you Eric!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Cleaned-up BB folder!

It's the first day of spring today, which means it's time to start spring cleaning!

We cleaned up the BB folder with our release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018. Over the years, this folder has been growing - there were up to 10,000 files in there! We've fixed this and put the files into various folders. This is done with a cleanup routine. The cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually by selecting the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine.

The cleanup routine does the following:
-Moves Styles files (.STY/.STX) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Styles.
-Moves Soloists files (.ST2/.XT2) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Soloists.
-Moves various Demo folders to C:\Demos.
-Moves various songs and lessons folders to C:\bb\Songs and Lessons.
-Moves various files essential for running Band-in-a-Box to C:\bb\Data and C:\bb\Data\Lib.
-Moves various preferences files to C:\bb\Preferences.
-Moves tutorial demo songs, program manuals (.pdf), and the help file (.chm) to C:\bb\Documentation.

Oliver Gannon Interview - Appointed to the Order of Canada!

Oliver Gannon (Peter Gannon's brother), was appointed to the Order of Canada in recognition for "his achievements as a musician" on December 29, 2017!

Oliver recently sat for an interview with CBC's Hot Air host Margaret Gallagher - read a summary and listen to the interview at

'I don't know ... why they chose me. But I'm very glad and I'm not giving it back'
-Oliver Gannon

To be clear, and avoid any confusion, there are two brothers: Peter Gannon is the "Band-in-a-Box" PG Music guy, and Oliver Gannon is the jazz guitarist who just won the Order of Canada.

Forum Stats
27271 Members
49 Forums
50785 Topics
418085 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Chuck B., TeleSeattle, AMACHADO, SJAZZ, Nate Jasper

27271 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 182
Matt Finley 160