You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#328943 - 01/02/16 04:09 AM [User Showcase] GoodBye
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
First song of 2016 from my songwriting partner Christiane Spruit and myself, quite a bit different than our last one.

The one is using:

Realdrums: NashvilleSwing8^1 initially, then switching to BluesRock128^4 during the guitar solo and the rest of the song

533:Bass,Electric,12/8
526:Guitar,Acoustic,Fingerpicking (I can play the part but I'm not geared up to record acoustic here)
2457:Strings,Rhythm,CelticAir.

Still tweaking the mix, guitar solo probably a bit too loud at the moment.

https://soundcloud.com/blue-attitude/good-bye-featuring-chris-spruit

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#328948 - 01/02/16 04:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
BlueAttitude, a really well put together song. Haunting with the strings, and the stops really give great unexpected punch.

I thought the solo was really well played. Plenty of drive.

Fantastic effort.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#328949 - 01/02/16 04:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nice song. I really like the chord progression and the rests. Christiane's vocals are spectacular.

Since you are still working on the mix, if I can offer some minor thoughts and suggestions from my listen of the song:

With such a simple arrangement of the opening guitar, I found 0.16 second solo to be a bit too long to hold my interest. You may want to bring the bass in sooner or introduce another instrument to build on the intro.

Likewise, I found 0.47 seconds too long to wait for Christiane's vocals to start with the simple arrangement of the intro music.

This is a good song at every level and Christiane's vocals are the king of the mix and I enjoyed the song a lot.

#328955 - 01/02/16 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave and Chris...

A very enjoyable listen. The instrumentation is nice.

The vocal is excellent (though in a couple of spots I thought it could come up just a hair - 1 dB, perhaps - I lost a few words here and there - even with a couple of listens...). Excellent emotion in the singing...

Very nice guitar work. Very lyrical... Since there is a discussion of amos vs. sims in a different forum section... are you using an amp sim? (I thought the level was just right).

Well done.

floyd

#328960 - 01/02/16 05:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Thanks for the comments everyone smile

Floyd, thanks, I'll go back and check that vocal.

To answer your question, I'm recording through a PodXT, been using that for years now. Obsolete device, they don't make them anymore, but I love it.

#328962 - 01/02/16 05:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi ...

We've listened a couple of times ... time very well spent!

Beautiful song with a great minor chord progression. Christiane's vocal is stunning.

The lead guitar solo might be just a tad loud, but not a lot. We do agree that the intro is a bit long for just the acoustic guitar. Other than that, can't think of a thing we'd change. Excellent song and delivery!

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#328967 - 01/02/16 05:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Thanks Alan and Charlie for pointing out the intro with just the acoustic might be too long. I think you might be right.

Easy fix! Working on a new mix now, will post in an hour or so.

#328977 - 01/02/16 06:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
I guess I am different but I like everything that you did with this song. I am a movie buff and I love movie soundtracks and that's where my mind went as I was listening. Powerful and very moving!
Sonny

#328992 - 01/02/16 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Dave,

enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#329011 - 01/02/16 10:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great feel and emotion in this one!! Vocal is sweet and the RTs are used very well. Mix is excellent. Great job all around! Take care. Greg

#329140 - 01/03/16 02:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

I uploaded a new mix yesterday afternoon, made the intro a couple of bars shorter and added some volume envelopes on the vocal to bring up some of the soft parts.

Thanks for the comments all, I appreciate the feedback!

#329396 - 01/04/16 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave, This is the good stuff! Great guitar and great vocals Christiane. Love dem blues. Sure hope there is more to come. Glad you found your way here. Mix sounds good also. Nicely done! Tom

#329461 - 01/04/16 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: tommyad]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave, This is the good stuff! Great guitar and great vocals Christiane. Love dem blues. Sure hope there is more to come. Glad you found your way here. Mix sounds good also. Nicely done! Tom

Thanks very much, Tom! I've done six with Christiane so far, hopefully many more to come. The production side of things is something I love doing, but not something I would consider myself to be a natural at, always something to learn. And after hearing your last song .... wow! I realize I still have a way to go smile

Thanks again for the listen and comments smile

#329503 - 01/04/16 11:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Really enjoyed that - nice guitar playing - great vocals.

#329564 - 01/05/16 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: GoodBye [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Loads of things to love here.

- the exquisite vocal
- the guitar picking and tone
- the RT choice
- the arrangement and mix

All is very nicely done and put together.
Cool the way you varied the drums.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

www.janiceandbud.com
J&B Website

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27832 Members
51 Forums
53005 Topics
439931 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Alan Herring, boblev, JohnMaxwell, yeto, Damian Lluch

27831 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 149