You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#151931 - 02/29/12 02:19 PM Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66
Don Gaynor Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Sad news for Brit rockers and the music world in general.

#151932 - 02/29/12 02:21 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Don Gaynor]
MikeK Offline

Loc: Buford, GA
Yes, just heard about it as well. He was only 66. Sad indeed.

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2016

#151933 - 02/29/12 02:28 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: MikeK]
Tim Lawrence Offline

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Just read about his death on another list.
Loved that show when I was a kid.

66 is too young these days.

#151934 - 02/29/12 06:31 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Tim Lawrence]
ROG Offline

Loc: York, England
Yes, it's so sad to go at 66.

I look back on the Monkees with affection.

#151935 - 02/29/12 07:07 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: ROG]
Robh Offline

Loc: California
yeah , and he still looked very good, seemed healthy, go to show "ya jist nevah know"
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#151936 - 03/01/12 04:46 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Robh]
martin57 Offline

Loc: Manchester UK
I'm sad to hear this news too. I did like their songs and show.

The way I look at it is ages wise is,
1/3 of life is up to 25
2/3 is 25-50
Last 3 is 50-70
Anything after 70 is Bonus years. All this talk of a lot of us living to 100 is in my opinion nonsense, take a walk around any cemetery and its surprising how many go around the 70 mark.

Middle age is approx 40-60
Old or senior age starts at 60-65 (though I read once that scientists said that if they had to define an age that old age starts at they would pick 50!) I guess that would put me at the start of old age then.

#151937 - 03/01/12 11:26 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: martin57]
Don Gaynor Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
At the risk of bringing the bible into this discussion, albeit tangentially: "The years of a man are seventy years except if special mightiness, eighty years!" Science and medicine have done very little to change that. I expect someone to argue the point but when you factor in drug-related death; wars; and abortion the average is closer to forty years as it was a century ago.

I turn 71 this month so I am on borrowed time...slightly overdrawn on my account, so to speak.

Edited by Don Gaynor (03/01/12 11:30 AM)

#151938 - 03/01/12 12:30 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Don Gaynor]
Tim Lawrence Offline

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Well hell by that reckoning Don I'm actually doing pretty good then.
I'm 59, so I guess I've beat the odds so far. LOL.
Actually don't really worry too much about death. Everything dies, even this planet and our sun eventually.
Death is just as natural as living Imo.

#151939 - 03/03/12 09:34 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Tim Lawrence]
rockstar_not Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
So, to bring some levity to an unfortunate passing....

Saw this post on Facebook:

"So when she told me that he had passed I was shocked. But when I saw her face, I said 'Hey now I'm a bereaver.'"

PG Music News
Share your Band-in-a-Box® YouTube Finds!

Have you come across a YouTube video that uses Band-in-a-Box® tracks? Share it to the recently introduced I just hear Band-in-a-Box® on YouTube forum!

This forum is great for helping to publicize how Band-in-a-Box® is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

To date more than 20 videos have been shared, including the posts:
-Two videos with music made using BIAB
-Rich Severson uses Biab and Quilter amps
-Forum Member Rob4580 BiaB & Metal Detecting Channel

...and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special - One Week Left!

There's only one week left to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off - our Mac special ends on October 31st, 2016!
Visit to find your upgrade.

There are over 50 new features with this new version, including:
-AU and VST plugins are now supported! There is a new Plugins tab on the Mixer window, that allows you to add/edit MIDI or audio plugins on each track. We include the Sforzando VST sample player, along with the PG Music HiQ Instruments.

-HiQ instruments have been added. These are high quality MIDI sounds that make the MIDI tracks (both regular and MIDI SuperTracks) sound much better. You can audition and choose a HiQ patch for any track by control+clicking on the track --> "Select HiQ MIDI Patch".

-A Plugins Options dialog includes an option to scan for VST plugins on bootup and options for how plugin windows are opened, closed, and arranged on the screen. Plugins that are essential to Band-in-a-Box® (eg the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" or "Sforzando") are scanned for regardless of the "Scan for VST plugins on bootup" or "Scan for AU plugins on bootup" settings.

...and more! Visit to review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac.

We're also offering a FREE Bonus PAK with most* Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac purchases during our special, which includes:
1 Artist Video Performance:
Jack Stafford Sax: Indiana

3 MIDI SuperTracks:
Piano, Rhythm FolkySwing Sw 110
Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085
Piano, Rhythm CountryBentNoteJohn Sw 085

4 Instrumental Studies:
Bass, Electric, Jazz Funk Poppy, Ev16 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Folk, 2-part Fingerpicking, Sw16 085
Guitar, Electric, Blues and Rock, Medium Rock Soloist, Ev 120
Piano, Acoustic, Jazz and Bossa, Solo-Accompaniment Jazz Stride, Sw 085

*$49 Pro Upgrade not elibable.

Upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the Bonus 49-PAK for just $49 and receive ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 2 Artist Video Performances, 8 MIDI SuperTracks, and 15 Instrumental Studies. These Add-ons are not included in any other package. Learn more here.

Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Ordering Band-in-a-Box® Has Never Been Easier!

When you order any PG Music products directly from (or you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to order with the $0 Down Easy Payment Plan - when you choose this payment option you'll pay $0 when you order, with the total of your invoice being split into 4 equal payments charged every 30 days for 4 months after your inital purchase - and there are no additional interest charges or service fees applied!

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® package & order here.
Mac user? Click here to order.

A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Eric Blackmon's Tutorial: How To Play A Guitar Solo...

Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks with a lot of his online lesson videos, including the recently uploaded How To Play A Guitar Solo With 2 Frets In Any Key!

Click here to watch the video for this lesson.

Get to Know Endorsing Artist Robert Conti

Enthusiastic Endorsing Artist Robert Conti uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks for many of the DVDs that he offers on his website, here:

As an endorser, he has this to say:
It is a genuine pleasure to be associated with PG Music. By eliminating the need for an external tone generator and including a comprehensive array of real combo and orchestral instruments within the software, Band-in-a-Box has once again set a new standard of high quality.
My staff and I are proud to recommend this product to patrons of my learning products, as the opportunity for any aspiring student to practice with an On Call Rhythm Section - 24/7, is immeasurable. Moreover, the sound of real instruments render the support tracks generated by Band-in-a-Box, as ideal for any live performance!

Thanks Robert!

Visit Robert Conti's YouTube Channel to review all of his videos.

Forum Stats
25281 Members
45 Forums
41828 Topics
335779 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
BradMonro, Speakeasyjazz, CaVero0, Jose Fernando, riley2016

25280 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 147
Matt Finley 138