Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#368201 - 10/01/16 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Collaboration with Alex Rand
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Alex Rand has lost his mind and become a rapper. I have lost mine also as I played on a rap song. Alex has asked me to post this collaboration.

There is a strange story about this song. Alex asked me to add some guitar and bass to this. Well as luck would have it I got a deep paper cut on the index finger of my fretting hand. Thus I couldn't play any lead guitar parts but I thought that I could play the bass. After the first verse I looked down and my bass fret board had a lot of blood on it. So clean off the bass and finger, put on a Band-Aid and continued. I looked down at my fret board after the second verse and repeated the above clean up process. This time I put two Band-Aids on and finished the bass line. So some blood, sweat, and tears went into this one. Due to this Alex got another friend to add some guitar and a few additional bass parts.

Alex sends you his best and hopes to have some more of his material posted at a later date.

We hope you like this.

Who's the Survivor-Mind Over Matter

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#368204 - 10/01/16 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW!! I have to admit I have never been a rap and hip-hop fan, UNTIL NOW!! Leave it to our forum virtuosos to turn me around. This is COOL!! I have to admit, I need to listen several more times to take it all in, but that will be a pleasure!! Wonderful job guys!! Take care. Greg

#368212 - 10/02/16 12:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Mario and Dean !:))

This is absolutely superbly great !
This must be one of the best collabs
I´ve experienced on this forum !

One just can´t do anything but
love this....and it is really
so professionally done as it
could be !

Great to hear that you are still
kickin´and kickin´hard, brother Dean !

Cheers
Dani

#368229 - 10/02/16 06:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
The Mathematician meets Mad Mario. Great collab. Soldiers as numbers and war as madness. Pretty cool rant. Good job guys. Dean. I hope you've healed up well and Mario take care of that paper cut. Tom

#368267 - 10/02/16 11:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A good listen, guys. A fun collaboration... hope you are both healing..fj

#368274 - 10/02/16 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Funny!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#368281 - 10/02/16 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool Dean and Mario. Loved it

#368293 - 10/02/16 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Very cool and definitely unique on this forum!
Perfect rap in a very interesting story indeed Alex.
Nice work on the bass Mario.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#368330 - 10/02/16 07:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

You guys are a shoo-in for the BiaB rapsong contest..very well done!
I usually tune out this genre but you kept me listening & trying to decipher the very clever lyrics (I`m worried I have a number on my back!). The " mind over matter" instrumental breaks are really cool too and those deep vocals reminded me of Captain Beefheart.

Robert

#368361 - 10/02/16 11:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Mario and Dean,

RAP, hmm. Not today's style of rap, thankfully, but this leans towards "Gangstas Paradise" by Coolio from '95 or even "Stan" by Eminem and I liked those 2 a lot.

The words also highlight Dean's intelligence cool

Interesting listen, tho. My room had an eerie silence after that track ended, in a good way grin

send my regards to Dean

Alyn

ps paper-cuts hmmm! They certainly cause chaos for something so seemingly minor

#368404 - 10/03/16 08:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Top notch production. Good to see Alex is back too.

Enjoyed this.

Charlie

#368413 - 10/03/16 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is awesome! Super catchy. What an energetic tune to wake up the office with on a Monday morning smile smile

#368415 - 10/03/16 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Anthony - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I have to agree with Will, this is awesome and made my Monday morning great! I love the vocals, the delivery on them reminds me of an old Blowfly song or a George Clinton rap vocal! Great song! Keep it Up!

Edited by Anthony-PG Music (10/03/16 09:09 AM)

#368448 - 10/03/16 02:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very cool, guys! Very well produced, and performed. One of most creative collabs I have seen here. Hope both of you are doing well!

Steve

#368524 - 10/04/16 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Well - this sure is a change from what we usually hear posted to our User Showcase Forum! I listened to this song yesterday morning with Will and Anthony - we all really enjoyed it!

It's gotta be our "Hot Forum Topic" for today... smile

~Callie

#368525 - 10/04/16 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
This is what this forum is all about! Since coming on board 5 years ago we have listened to more of a variety of music than we would ever have sans this board.

Talk about busting genres -- sheesh guys, this is over the top different and fun to listen to. I could skip my coffee after this smile

Thanks for the demo on just how cool talented collaborators and Biab can be.

J&B
J&B Website

#368652 - 10/05/16 01:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Wow! Super cool song Mario and Aleck.

Great vocal and I love your bass playing Mario.

Very enjoyable.

Cheers
Rec

Edited by receder (10/05/16 03:12 PM)

#368660 - 10/05/16 05:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: MarioD]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio
Great production! The pacing, phrasing and vocal treatment, and indeed the whole sardonic vibe reminds me of Frank Zappa's "I Am The Slime". The fast bass,brass runs at the end reinforce a Zappa-esque feel...good stuff!

I'd very much like to see the lyrics presented but that's always my preference being hard of hearing.

Very fun!

Edited by DIOECHOOTO (10/05/16 09:40 AM)

#368715 - 10/05/16 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: Greg Johnson]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Greg,

First I want to thank Super Mario for helping me beat the censors in this new place I'm staying. Weird fashion sense they got here: White seems to be the only available color and where did they come up with these shirts where the sleeves knot in the back? Makes it hard to play certain keyboard voicings.

Otherwise, everyone is very nice but only so long as they don't get wind of the rap tune me and Mario smuggled out. Greg, they tell me I'll be leaving soon. I've missed all of you guys and hope to bring along some new stuff soon.

Dean

#368717 - 10/05/16 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Collaboration with Alex Rand [Re: tommyad]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Tommy,

It's great to be back. And, against all odds, even after a 4 month post-op appointment that showed not just failure to improve, but backwards motion (more muscle wasting, my little finger sticking out into left field like a flagpole that wouldn't move even with effort that might have caused a brain vessel to burst). Several weeks ago my little finger began moving for the first time. The spread between my middle three fingers began getting unmistakable larger. I watched all this in total disbelief because, earlier, two surgeons independently told me that this was the end of the road for me. The ulnar is a huge nerve that runs from the tips of your fingers to behind your neck. It can regenerate, but at the rate of 1 mm per day. Or it might not. I don't want to say more than this, but I'm beginning to play guitar again.

Dean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27979 Members
57 Forums
53971 Topics
445779 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
veman, Clair, Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca

27978 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 153