You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#371275 - 10/24/16 04:03 AM [User Showcase] butterfly
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cape Town

https://soundcloud.com/user-108834131/butterfly

I composed this song and after adding my lyrics, found I could not do the voice over. A recent medical problem had required all sorts of pipes and micro cameras down my throat.
The result was a bit of damage to my vocal chords. I got hold of my friend Rob (RaAM) who very kindly
agreed to do it ,not only that, he completely upgraded and balanced the Mp3 background music I sent .
Talk about a ‘nice guy’ I was so stoked at the whole rendition he did. One comes to expect great things from Rob and I am so chuff with this. Thanks again Rob

Style popofst with organ 165 RS
Real Tracks 684 Bass electric 522 Guitar Acoustic F/pick Drums Nashville even 8 405 Guitar Acoustic strumming 686 Organ B3 Background pop 2201 Guitar Nylon Background country Brent

Paddy G

#371327 - 10/24/16 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very nice tune Paddy. Loved the vocal

#371357 - 10/24/16 02:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Paddy,

This might be my favorite of yours so far...

A nice write (deserves a lyric sheet!). Really nice melody.

Nice grouping of instruments - carries this perfectly. Good mix.

Beautiful vocal, Rob! Once again, I am truly amazed at how "American" you sound!

Nice.

floyd

#371364 - 10/24/16 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Paddy,

A very enjoyable story in these lyrics:

" good times rolled away
with the heat that came one day"

and the backing really supports the feel of a Spanish romance.
Terrific vocals - you are indeed fortunate to have had Rob`s support on this excellent production.

Robert

#371372 - 10/24/16 04:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi PaddyG, Excellent vibes with this! Very peaceful sounding and easy to listen to. Well done! smile

#371414 - 10/25/16 06:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Paddy,

What a beautiful song. Rob has one hell of a voice!!

Great lyrics!!

Hope your voice gets better, I remember a "camera down the throat" experience a few years ago and I hope you have the same result...ie all is OK.

best wishes

Alyn

#371424 - 10/25/16 07:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Excellent write/production + vocal + BiaB = A clinic in the power of BiaB productions in talented hands.

Wonderful collab. Everything there should be and nothing extraneous in this production.

We really enjoyed it. Way to go you two!

J&B
J&B Website

#371435 - 10/25/16 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Paddy,

Beautiful composition and Rob did a great job on vocals and re-balancing the track.

Hope your throat recovers soon.

A very enjoyable listen.

Rec

Edited by receder (10/26/16 02:29 AM)

#371496 - 10/25/16 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very nice job Paddy!! And, I don't think you could have picked a better vocalist. Rob did a great job. Very nice song, and I think arrangement and production were excellent! Take care. Greg

#371583 - 10/26/16 01:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Thank you Scott ,Floyd, Robert ,Joe, and Alyn, for your kind comments. Yes Alyn, I hope the vocal chords come right it has been a bitter pill ( hurdle) to face

Paddy G

#371602 - 10/26/16 06:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Nice job guys! Really beautiful song and vocals.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#371612 - 10/26/16 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Paddy and Rob,

I'd like to join the chorus of positive feedback. I enjoyed listening. The presentation and performance are first class (as always).

A really good job all round.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Paddy, I hope your voice gets back to normal soon for you.

#371613 - 10/26/16 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hey Paddy, great tune. Love the lyrics, I second the request for a lyric sheet! Here's hoping your voice gets better soon, but in the meantime, let's hear some more songs smile

#371729 - 10/27/16 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: Will B - PG Music]
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

For all the kind comments and for those who asked they would like to see the lyrics

Just a dusty old town at the end of nowhere
Folks here don’t return your smile cause they don’t have a smile to spare
Butterfly stares from her window like she does every day
And she prays for a white knight to come calling

She could walk through this town and never open her eyes
She knows every store that’s closed- all the pain
The good times they rolled away with the with the heat that came one day and the rain that never ever followed,,, Never followed
///////// BREAK
So she paints butterflies on her sneakers and her blue jeans
And she paints rainbows on her cupboards and her walls
Hoping that one day if the rains returned to stay she could show a real one to towns children
////////Break
And the story goes the white night he came riding slicked back hair
His soft talk just blew her away
And the magic doors he opened from post cards sent back home
The ancient streets of London then to Rome
,Soon the white line was sniffed before morning coffee,,, and the parties more bizarre every day .
Till she could not remember was it June or in December that the white knight went on his own way
And cold hotel rooms gave no rest, nor mama pleading knowing best, butterfly, please come on home
And cold is how they found her in the morning cold the casket that took her home
But warm and gentle was the rain that fell upon the plains
As the folks stood around her grave praying

For the rainbow always keeps its promise Butterfly she kept her promise Butterfly kept her promise

(C) (Graham Paddy Gobel)

#371772 - 10/27/16 12:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Paddy, excellent melody, excellent lyrics. Rob, excellent vocals.

I agree with the others, this song works so well in so many ways, and for so many reasons.

A very professional production, no questions asked.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#371903 - 10/28/16 12:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: VideoTrack]
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Thank you Video Track

Its you’re kind of encouragement and others on the forum that make the old songwriting juices flow

Paddy G

#371926 - 10/28/16 03:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: butterfly [Re: PaddyG]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"Butterfly stares from her window like she does every day".

Love the lyrics, very well written! Love the vocal also.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Life ain't a Cookie Jar

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51875 Topics
428661 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 360
Noel96 154