Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#392202 - 01/24/17 10:20 PM [User Showcase] 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....

You may have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak ..... check here

Over the past year (2016), we’ve had over 1,080 new original compositions posted to the User Showcase. Wow! Now over 5,000 songs in the Showcase! Many thanks to all that have contributed. There were contributions from 160 different people during the year. From 20 countries!.. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA

We’d like to thank and recognize these amazing contributions that people have made!

So we announce the "Top 40" User Showcase Awards...to the top 41 contributors of 2016 – a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak for Windows (including the 49 PAK bonus)

We’ve reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2016, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:

- great compositions/arrangements/productions
- use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
- most contributions
- other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
- haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.

And the winners (alphabetical order) are:

44kfl
90 dB
animarorecords
BlueAttitude
Bob Buford
boehm
Charlie Fogle
Chris37
cubanpete
dani48
David Snyder
Don Gaynor
F.M.M.
fgrittner
floyd jane
gibson
Greg Johnson
gruverider
Guitarhacker
HiroshiK
Janice & Bud
jannesan
JoanneCooper
MarioD
Matcham
Noel96
PaddyG
PeterF
RnAM
Robertkc
ROG
rsdean
Scott C
Sergio Guarneri
Steve Young
Sundance
tommyad
Tommyc
Torrey Bliss
Trygve Larsen
Will Rockwell

If your name is on the list.... congratulations! You have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak Hard Drive (including free shipping of course)

To collect your award, please contact marketing@pgmusic.com (by Feb 28, 2017) (attn: Callie), and provide details of where you want it to be sent. (don't forget to let her know your Forum name)

If you've already purchased 2017, we will refund your purchase price. If you already have BB 2017 via another means (beta testing etc.), then you can designate "someone else" to receive it (just send that info privately in your email).

If you're a Mac user, you can either get 2016 Ev. Pak or request a raincheck for the 2017 Mac Everything Pak when it comes out.

Once again, thanks to all the creative people who create, produce and share these wonderful songs!

#392208 - 01/25/17 12:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Many thanks, Peter.

It's an honour to be included amongst such illustrious company and to be awarded this wonderful software.

I wish PG Music every success for 2017.

ROG.

#392211 - 01/25/17 02:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Peter,

This is incredibly generous. Thanks very much - it is very appreciated.

Bob

#392214 - 01/25/17 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Peter,
Thank you SO much for this award. To be included in such illustrious distinguished company is reward itself.
In fact having BIAB to put my thoughts and words to music is it's own reward.
Thank you.

All the best for the future

Alyn

Edited by gibson (01/25/17 02:48 AM)
Edit Reason: had to change illustrious because ROG used it first

#392226 - 01/25/17 04:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Very nice. Thank you so very much.

Great company, great people, great products.

What more could you want...?

Again... thanks!!

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#392233 - 01/25/17 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Thank you Peter!

You truly are the most generous software company ever, and BIAB is by far the best music creation program ever!
We are looking forward to creating many new songs with the 2017 everythingpak.
Congrats to all other winners.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#392250 - 01/25/17 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

WOW!!!!!!! This is Way Too Cool, was too broke to buy this year!!!!!! Thank You So Much!!!!!!

#392251 - 01/25/17 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Congratulations, everybody. Hopefully I'll have some time to submit music this year; unfortunately too many life events took precedence in 2016, but I'll try to make time for more music submissions in 2017.

It's absolutely awesome the wonderful music that we can listen to on the "PGMusic Channel" (I often listen when I'm out walking the dog in the mornings). I don't get to post my comments much (it's hard to do while walking and holding a leash in one hand), but the quality of music coming out of our friendly forum community is phenomenal.

Again, congratulations to all the winners.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#392269 - 01/25/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
I am in awe of this company, it's generosity, and the product they create; which is incomparable.

Thank you, Peter.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by 90 dB (01/26/17 07:25 AM)
Edit Reason: Spellling

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#392276 - 01/25/17 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Thank you so much. Feel blessed to be apart of this list this year. I am truly grateful. This is an awesome product and the User Forum is an awesome group to interact with.

Thanks again

#392277 - 01/25/17 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Dear Peter !

Don´t know if I really deserved
this great gift but I am sure
you do know that I am so very
grateful for the honor bestowed
on me ! thank you so much !

Cheers
Dani

#392283 - 01/25/17 10:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Torrey Bliss Online   content
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Thanks so much Peter, and thank you for providing us with the tools to help help us get what we hear in our heads into a tangible form! To think that we have access to some of the top musical talent in the world to help us with a project is beyond belief. I really believe that all of us in this BIAB community are on a journey together with you taking the lead. Where will we be in the coming years? It's exciting!! Thanks again, Torrey.

#392286 - 01/25/17 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Peter,

Thank you for your generous gift and above all for this terrific programme which has rekindled my enjoyment of making music.

Robert

#392291 - 01/25/17 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Mike. R. Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cumbria - United Kingdom
What a fantastic gesture and recognition.

Congratulations to all the winners (well deserved).

I cannot think of any other company that would acknowledge, let alone reward so many of its customers in this way.

PG Music is truly unique in this personal approach. Long may it continue.

Win 10 - Intel2 quad core / 8Gb Ram
Audiophile 24/96
BAIB / RB 2018 PlusPak For Windows
Reaper 5
EWQL Composer Cloud X

Gibson LP Studio
Fender Mn Telecaster
Gretsch Alligator

Bugera 1960 Infinium

#392293 - 01/25/17 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

What a big surprise Peter,

many thanks to all of you and great compliments to all winner list members.

Band in a box is not only a great music program, but a powerful tool that has allowed me
to improve a lot.

Sergio

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Forum Stats
26711 Members
50 Forums
48863 Topics
399505 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
kaushalmalkan11, JonasJ, SuprNatral, Brince, Complefro

26711 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 398
VideoTrack 363