Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic is locked
Topic Options
Index
#392202 - 01/24/17 10:20 PM [User Showcase] 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....

You may have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak ..... check here

Over the past year (2016), we’ve had over 1,080 new original compositions posted to the User Showcase. Wow! Now over 5,000 songs in the Showcase! Many thanks to all that have contributed. There were contributions from 160 different people during the year. From 20 countries!.. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA

We’d like to thank and recognize these amazing contributions that people have made!

So we announce the "Top 40" User Showcase Awards...to the top 41 contributors of 2016 – a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak for Windows (including the 49 PAK bonus)

We’ve reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2016, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:

- great compositions/arrangements/productions
- use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
- most contributions
- other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
- haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.

And the winners (alphabetical order) are:

44kfl
90 dB
animarorecords
BlueAttitude
Bob Buford
boehm
Charlie Fogle
Chris37
cubanpete
dani48
David Snyder
Don Gaynor
F.M.M.
fgrittner
floyd jane
gibson
Greg Johnson
gruverider
Guitarhacker
HiroshiK
Janice & Bud
jannesan
JoanneCooper
MarioD
Matcham
Noel96
PaddyG
PeterF
RnAM
Robertkc
ROG
rsdean
Scott C
Sergio Guarneri
Steve Young
Sundance
tommyad
Tommyc
Torrey Bliss
Trygve Larsen
Will Rockwell

If your name is on the list.... congratulations! You have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2017 Everything Pak Hard Drive (including free shipping of course)

To collect your award, please contact marketing@pgmusic.com (by Feb 28, 2017) (attn: Callie), and provide details of where you want it to be sent. (don't forget to let her know your Forum name)

If you've already purchased 2017, we will refund your purchase price. If you already have BB 2017 via another means (beta testing etc.), then you can designate "someone else" to receive it (just send that info privately in your email).

If you're a Mac user, you can either get 2016 Ev. Pak or request a raincheck for the 2017 Mac Everything Pak when it comes out.

Once again, thanks to all the creative people who create, produce and share these wonderful songs!

#392208 - 01/25/17 12:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Many thanks, Peter.

It's an honour to be included amongst such illustrious company and to be awarded this wonderful software.

I wish PG Music every success for 2017.

ROG.

#392211 - 01/25/17 02:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Peter,

This is incredibly generous. Thanks very much - it is very appreciated.

Bob

#392214 - 01/25/17 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Peter,
Thank you SO much for this award. To be included in such illustrious distinguished company is reward itself.
In fact having BIAB to put my thoughts and words to music is it's own reward.
Thank you.

All the best for the future

Alyn

Edited by gibson (01/25/17 02:48 AM)
Edit Reason: had to change illustrious because ROG used it first

#392226 - 01/25/17 04:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Very nice. Thank you so very much.

Great company, great people, great products.

What more could you want...?

Again... thanks!!

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#392233 - 01/25/17 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Thank you Peter!

You truly are the most generous software company ever, and BIAB is by far the best music creation program ever!
We are looking forward to creating many new songs with the 2017 everythingpak.
Congrats to all other winners.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#392250 - 01/25/17 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

WOW!!!!!!! This is Way Too Cool, was too broke to buy this year!!!!!! Thank You So Much!!!!!!

#392251 - 01/25/17 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Congratulations, everybody. Hopefully I'll have some time to submit music this year; unfortunately too many life events took precedence in 2016, but I'll try to make time for more music submissions in 2017.

It's absolutely awesome the wonderful music that we can listen to on the "PGMusic Channel" (I often listen when I'm out walking the dog in the mornings). I don't get to post my comments much (it's hard to do while walking and holding a leash in one hand), but the quality of music coming out of our friendly forum community is phenomenal.

Again, congratulations to all the winners.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#392269 - 01/25/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
I am in awe of this company, it's generosity, and the product they create; which is incomparable.

Thank you, Peter.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by 90 dB (01/26/17 07:25 AM)
Edit Reason: Spellling

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#392276 - 01/25/17 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Thank you so much. Feel blessed to be apart of this list this year. I am truly grateful. This is an awesome product and the User Forum is an awesome group to interact with.

Thanks again

#392277 - 01/25/17 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Dear Peter !

Don´t know if I really deserved
this great gift but I am sure
you do know that I am so very
grateful for the honor bestowed
on me ! thank you so much !

Cheers
Dani

#392283 - 01/25/17 10:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Thanks so much Peter, and thank you for providing us with the tools to help help us get what we hear in our heads into a tangible form! To think that we have access to some of the top musical talent in the world to help us with a project is beyond belief. I really believe that all of us in this BIAB community are on a journey together with you taking the lead. Where will we be in the coming years? It's exciting!! Thanks again, Torrey.

#392286 - 01/25/17 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Peter,

Thank you for your generous gift and above all for this terrific programme which has rekindled my enjoyment of making music.

Robert

#392291 - 01/25/17 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Mike. R. Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cumbria - United Kingdom
What a fantastic gesture and recognition.

Congratulations to all the winners (well deserved).

I cannot think of any other company that would acknowledge, let alone reward so many of its customers in this way.

PG Music is truly unique in this personal approach. Long may it continue.

Win 10 - Intel2 quad core / 8Gb Ram
Audiophile 24/96
BAIB / RB 2018 PlusPak For Windows
Reaper 5
EWQL Composer Cloud X

Gibson LP Studio
Fender Mn Telecaster
Gretsch Alligator

Bugera 1960 Infinium

#392293 - 01/25/17 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

What a big surprise Peter,

many thanks to all of you and great compliments to all winner list members.

Band in a box is not only a great music program, but a powerful tool that has allowed me
to improve a lot.

Sergio

Sergio

#392328 - 01/25/17 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

thank you very much for the award I love my biab I wished the best to you peter what a great contribution you have made in the music world for many of us. great products, and biab creates, teaches, performs I could go one here very grateful  and to all pg music staff thanks eric 

#392340 - 01/25/17 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
I'm stunned, what a great and generous company.

Thank you Peter, I appreciate this so much.

Band In A Box is my go to for my passion of songwriting.

Thanks,

Kenny

#392343 - 01/25/17 02:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
My gracious, I just found I am on the list. Congratulations to all the winners. BIAB continues to rock. Amazing generosity from a company that gives so much to the world of music.

Thank you to Dr. Gannon and the entire staff.

Charlie

#392353 - 01/25/17 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Hey Peter and everybody else at my favorite company PG Music! Thanks so much! What a great year this has been for musical fun.

Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone on the forum--all of whom have posted fantastic contributions this year.

Here's to the greatest, most awesome and most inspiring musical community on the world wide musical web!!!!!!!

Let's tear it up in 2017!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#392357 - 01/25/17 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2016 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Will Rockwell Offline
Apprentice

Thank you so much, I will incorporate the new styles and instruments into my work. You are making me a better songwriter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27638 Members
50 Forums
52287 Topics
432846 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PWC, malcolmdanny45, IgorKo, run97410, LeftyMark

27637 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 181