Update: I may have found the problem. Under Options/Preferences/Audio/Drivers there was a 'Output always on' box checked. I unchecked this box and the strange sound when rendering a file is gone. This may be something that Version 5 of Realband is checking by default? I will test more tomorrow to verify.

-----------------------------------------------
I now have a strange situation when I select
Render/Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to Stereo Wave File
Every time I try this I hear what sounds like the midi tracks being played real fast as the file is written. Once the file is rendered, it seems like everything is ok. I always use this method to render my files and have never heard anything like this coming out of my speakers as the file is being rendered.

My issues started this morning with errors like this:
'An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.

Access violation at address 004054EB in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 006F0064.

I thought what the hell and upgraded Realband from version 3 to version 5. Still had the same 'Exception error' issue after several reboots.

So I replaced RB.CFG, Realband.INI, and Default.RWS that I had previously stored in a 'ConfigBackup' folder in Realband. This action got rid of my 'Exception Errors and Access Violations' but now I have this weird thing going on with strange sounds when I render any .SEQ file with Midi tracks in it.

I'm thinking it has something to do with my midi settings as it asked me to change these when I upgraded since it said I had no midi output selected so I picked 'Microsoft MIDI Mapper' and then checked the box for 'Re-route midi playback through default DXi/VSTi Synth' and have 'Coyote WT' as my default synth. (I'm pretty sure I have always used these particular settings on Realband)

If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing the strange sounds while rendering, I would certainly appreciate the help!

Last edited by Del; 03/20/17 06:12 PM.

Del