Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#412102 - 05/13/17 09:23 PM [User Showcase] Old Ranchero Song
gruverider Offline
Expert

https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/old-ranchero-song

Growing up the son of a Mexican-American mother and a Cajun-American father I listened to a lot of Mariachi music and Cajun music. In the mid- nineteenth century Germans migrated all along the Gulf of Mexico and they brought their waltzes and accordions with them. I can't help but believe that they influenced the Cajuns and Mexicans as there are so many musical similarities.

I've had the first verse for several years and this year wrote the rest. The timing could not have been better with the new Mariachi Realtracks.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: El Ranchero Song
Key=E , Tempo 170, Length (m:s)=2:35

Style is _NAYARIT.STY (Nayarit Mariachi Waltz w Trumpet)

RealTracks in style: 2572:Trumpet, Background MelodicOldWorldWaltz Ev 180 (1TrackHornSection)
RealTracks in style: 2821:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm MariachiWaltz Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 2822:Vihuela, Rhythm MariachiWaltz Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 2573:Horn Section, Rhythm MelodicOldWorldWaltz2Part Ev 180
RealTracks in song: 2569:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm OldWorldWaltz Ev 180
RealDrums in style: PopWaltzEven8^7-a,b:Brushes, Sidestick

Ranchero Song (5-12-16)

I once loved a horse named Izquierdo/ He had such a time turning right
When we tried to leave San Antonio/ we circled that city all night

I rescued a dog named Cerveza/ But I could not get him to eat
He spent all of his time drinking/ and wandering around in the street

My Ex left her calico Cinco/ who thought shaking hands was a jive
And every time that I went near her/ she raised up a paw for high five

Now it’s just me and my Bonita/ she’s seen me through trouble and strife
She said “Love I never will leave you”/ So I made that old goat my wife

Caballero, old Vaquero, I’m just a humble Ranchero
Tell Izquierdo, gato y perro/ that me and Bonita are fine

#412277 - 05/14/17 03:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Fun song to wake up to this morning. The new Mariachi Realtracks served you well. Enjoyed listening this morning.

Charlie

#412283 - 05/14/17 04:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
HAHAHA! Laugh-out-loud funny! A clever write.

Nice no-holds-barred vocal.

An terrific listen...

fj

#412292 - 05/14/17 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Lawrence,

Is this funny, or what? We say funny - loved that ending! Love the way you broke your voice for the high notes. If I did that, I'd be in the hospital for weeks!

We're still smiling.

Si se mantienen la escritura y el canto, te mantenga escucha!

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#412296 - 05/14/17 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Lawrence, Very funny and entertaining write. Nice full voice and some fine semi yodels. There is Mariachi music in the air where we live and I hear it and enjoy it every day. Loved everything about this. Tom

#412300 - 05/14/17 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Brilliant. Thanks for the smile, Lawrence.

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#412324 - 05/14/17 03:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Lawrence,
Great fun! Love that yodel in your voice and the background horns are perfect. Clever lyrics too; thanks for the smiles.

Robert

#413053 - 05/15/17 03:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Lawrence,

So COOL! Loved it!

Bob

#413281 - 05/15/17 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Marty Robbins!

I love it, I think it's my new favorite song

I don't understand, no entiendo

but esta bien

this should be on every Ranchero radio station!

Kenny

#413297 - 05/15/17 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this tune as well. Very funny lyric. Excellent vocal and backtrack. Marty Robbins would be impressed :-)

#413344 - 05/15/17 01:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this! Excellent vocals on this and very easy to listen to. Well done! smile

#413376 - 05/15/17 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Back for another smile and appreciation of this fine work!

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#413688 - 05/16/17 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Outstanding!

The history of music melting pots is always fascinating -- thanks for the background.

Those first two lines set it up -- nobody could lose interest after that.

And man, the vocal is standout. You effortlessly move amongst genres...always maintaining your signature sound but working so well in disparate styles.

A wonderful listen!

J&B

Edit: We just came back for more listens...over the top good.

J&B Website

#413720 - 05/16/17 10:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: Robertkc]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Lawrence,
Great fun! Love that yodel in your voice and the background horns are perfect. Clever lyrics too; thanks for the smiles.

Robert

Yeah!! What a great treat Lawrence!! Always love your stuff. This is so clever and funny. AND, man, do I wish I could hold a note like that!!! AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg

#413761 - 05/16/17 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Lawrence, your vocal on this is outstanding! This is great! I had never thought about the German waltz connection to this genre of music but it makes sense. Thanks, Torrey

#413819 - 05/17/17 12:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Very nice Lawrence.
Thank you for lightening my day.Cheers.

#413893 - 05/17/17 12:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia

Lawrence,

This truly was a listening experience! I loved everything about this. You ability to astound with each new presentation continues....

Heading back for another listen!

All the best,
Noel

#413986 - 05/18/17 12:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Lawrence

Mariachi's band comes into my eyes.
I have been seen in movies of Presley etc. in my childhood, I remember the guitarron very well because it was very impressive.
The music is very fun. And so is yours.
Your vocal is great.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#414003 - 05/18/17 01:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: gruverider]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Lawrence

Clever and unique - don't think I've heard one like this on the forum!

Peter

#414032 - 05/18/17 05:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ranchero Song [Re: Charlie Fogle]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Now we see your musical roots ;-)
this is so cool, it's got tension all through the mix. Beautiful vocals as always.
And yes, the real tracks are so very well-chosen!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53996 Topics
446043 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mononino, alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace

27989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 177