Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#422557 - 07/20/17 04:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Man, everything sounds so great! Great song.

#422558 - 07/20/17 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Yes, David likes this, and so do we!
We especially like the transition to the chorus ( like I commented on SoundCloud).
Nice work once again!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#422570 - 07/20/17 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
hey Floyd,

Di and I were wondering why this isn't on the radio ... then it dawned on us - it's too damned good! This sounds professional as anything out there. Great lyric, backing tracks and a splendid vocal performance. If it gets any better than this, we'd have to call it something besides a song. This is a bar of excellence that few, if any of us, will be able to approach.

BTW, we liked it!

Alan & DI

Edited by Al-David (07/20/17 05:07 PM)

Instrumental Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#422576 - 07/20/17 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Well FJ, just like every one of your songs, this is my favorite wink I hope that doesn't water down my comments!

Anyway, this made me laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hope you have a party blast for July 4th and write a song about drinking, cussin', hollerin' and screamin' and howling at the moon for pure drunken joy and kissing every pretty girl in town next.

Throw a Telecaster in there too and turn it up to 12.

Just once I wish DS could spit out what he's trying to say. It's always soooo vague what he's lookin' for wink

I have to admit, when I saw the title this was NOT what I was expecting. I may have been more along the lines of what DS was saying.

Anyway, this song is so cool. The semi-spoken part is fun, and that chorus! LOVE IT! It's catchy! Really, really catchy. I would be you walked around with it stuck in your head when you weren't working on it?

As far as production, I feel that may have been the tightest I've heard from you. I mean, it LINES up! I felt every instrument fit exactly where it should be.

Loved the grove. Love the changed between sections. Just a lot to keep the listener interested!

It's not my name, but you had me at "Mr. Snyder" wink

#422580 - 07/20/17 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool stuff....

Lots of comments on the spoken verses.... I didn't see anything on the mods/de-mods throughout. I thought that was an excellent idea.

Well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#422673 - 07/21/17 01:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !

I love the force behind
your presentation !
...and I like the concept
too...as you rightly pointed
out I´m afraid not all guys
do understand how precious there
girlfriend can be !!!!

Cheers
Dani

#422683 - 07/21/17 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
floyd, The first thing that hit me is the sound of the drums and the overall clarity of the mix. The next thing is the modulations as mentioned by Herb. Great stops! The talking blues feel really adds to the story. It's like you're sitting next to me at the bar swapping lies and tall tales. Superb! Loved it! Tom

#422719 - 07/21/17 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: PeterF]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Floyd

Loved it. Great choice of instruments - vocal was spot on - really liked the spoken lines.
Just wonderfully infectious.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

#422751 - 07/21/17 07:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
dcuny Online   content
Expert

Someone throws down the gauntlet, and you turn into yet another perfect song.

Plus, you turn it up a couple notches more with the spoken word bit.

I've been schooled by fj again - and I love it. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#422824 - 07/22/17 12:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: 44kfl]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I like it!

solid delivery, sounds like a pro mix

everything in place, catchy like a great radio song

no waste

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny...

#422858 - 07/22/17 07:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Absolutely sensational Floyd, this is waaaay-up-there.

The contrasts between spoken verse and singing really give this marvelous dimension.

And everything is all wrapped up in a very impressive set of lyrics, and topped off with outstanding guitar work.

This is a best seller for sure.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#422898 - 07/23/17 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: Ember - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really like the combination of the spoken versus the non. I think it was the perfect touch for this song. I feel it presents it more overtly as a story. Loved it.

Ember - thanks so much for dropping in for a listen....

#422976 - 07/23/17 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Wow Floyd this is so different than your other tunes. There were so many part of the production that were unique. Well done. Super vocal and very creative lyrics. And the backtrack was superb...

#422981 - 07/23/17 07:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Smokin' HOT FJ!
Super lyrics, arrangement, vocal, production....you name it...

(If I was listening with you in person I'd be doing the Wayne's World "we're not worthy" salute after hearing this one. LOL!)

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#423126 - 07/25/17 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Uncommon Grace [Re: Greg Johnson]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
a t-shirt and pearls, worn tony lama's
hears her own drummer, sets her own pace
stubborn like her daddy, a beauty like her mama
rifle in the window rack just in case
that's the picture of uncommon grace

My favorite (only by a sliver) of three beautifully crafted choruses!! This is a top-notch write.....clever, fun, and catchy as heck. EVERYTHING works perfectly.

Not a word that could be better
Not a note out of place
That's the picture of UNCOMMON GRACE

Uncommonly excellent Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks for such a nice review. I especially appreciate that you made note of the lyric...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26959 Members
49 Forums
49685 Topics
406654 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hommi, raysaxsorus, piet mantel, Lubby, Carryduff

26958 Registered Users