You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#428578 - 09/02/17 09:19 PM [Off-Topic] Adele and Biab? Check it out.
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I took her vocal and made a backing track with Biab. It's just a down and dirty file.

Adele

Trax

#428579 - 09/02/17 10:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
That's pretty cool. I've thought about doing some remixes on songs using isolated vocal tracs. Using BIAB to do it would probably make it rather so ple and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

www.sammycountry.com

#428585 - 09/03/17 01:12 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Samuel Davis]
sinbad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
Brilliant, how did you go about it?

#428587 - 09/03/17 02:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Samuel Davis]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

I found a raw vocal of Adele on YouTube and then proceeded to make an arrangement in Biab.

Trax

#428591 - 09/03/17 03:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
musiclover Offline
Expert

That sounds really impressive and shows us what biab is really capable of, well done.

Musiclover

Edited by musiclover (09/03/17 03:58 AM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#428593 - 09/03/17 04:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
It's fun to do and not that difficult. I work with a songwriting partner and most of the time I come up with the basic idea for the bed, send that to her, and she develops the melody/lyrics.

But for this one she already had the vocal melody and lyrics done. She sent me over the vocal track and I figured out what chord changes would work, sorted out an arrangement, and built a suitable bed.

Here: Why? /featuring Chris Spruit

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#428641 - 09/03/17 01:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
you should participate in remix contests. Original artists make their individual tracks available, and encourage people like us to recreate the song using the original vocals.

Here's a link to one of our forum members' remix entries, with links to the original files:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294332&page=1

#428675 - 09/03/17 06:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Very impressed Trax. Makes us realise how important a good vocal/vocalist is for our recordings.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#428712 - 09/04/17 05:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I will suggest not confining your covers to just isolated vocals. Signature riffs and licks are abundant and easily downloaded as well. Here is a YouTube link to Don Felder giving a lesson on all of his licks, solos and riffs for Hotel California. He has transposed the song to Am, which is likely a better key for a lot of voices than the original key. Don is very solid on his timing as well and this makes a very authentic cover as all the signature licks are there. Plus, Don Felder is your session musician along with all of the great PGMusic session musicians. A true All Star Band.

Don Felder Hotel California Guitar Lesson

A tip to quickly get isolated vocals or other stems into BIAB or RB is to download the original song and run it through the ACW for the chord chart and an accurate tempo map in the original key. That will also give you a good guide for inserting the vocals into the BIAB backing track.

Some prolific singers on YouTube I've found that perform useable vocal/guitar songs are Alan Robinson, Austin Criswell and Larry L. (Podline66). Search for Larry L's early works that were done before he began to do a lot of post producing himself on his songs. Alan Robinson does tutorials but at the beginning of each lesson, records a complete performance of the song. Austin Criswell, I think, is a brilliant singer.

There are also many American Idol, America's Got Talent and The Voice performers who upload covers and originals with simple guitar or piano accompaniment that will have excellent vocal performances.

Charlie

#428752 - 09/04/17 01:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Muzic Trax]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Very cool and lots of fun. I didn't listen because it wouldn't stream.

I did the same thing back in 2009 with Imogen Heap's vocal. The idea was to create a backing track. This is a combination of BB as well as me playing the guitar parts.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11903190

I've posted this here before.....

Edited by Guitarhacker (09/04/17 01:25 PM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#428785 - 09/04/17 07:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Adele and Biab? Check it out. [Re: Pat Marr]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

That was a great backing track. Biab can compete with the Big Dogs when it comes to making music.

Trax

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

Forum Stats
27826 Members
51 Forums
52985 Topics
439715 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
milesk, alvesbdanilo, brothert67, Robertbudpratt, BennyP

27825 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 148
David Snyder 137