Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#433788 - 10/16/17 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
FUN!! CLEVER!! PUNCHY!! Written and sung to perfection!! Enjoyed all of my several listens! This is just so well done in every way. But I disagree-A little of you is not enough, because I always want to hear MORE!!! Great stuff Floyd! A masterful project!! Take care. Greg

#433794 - 10/16/17 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Definitely a toe tapper. Good job.

#433804 - 10/16/17 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I really enjoyed this one Floyd. There's some excellent chord charting going on behind those great vocals and backing vocals. This one is one of my favorites that's been posted here on the forum in a while. It's more sophisticated than it sounds - now go humble yourself and thank your wife...

Charlie

#433850 - 10/16/17 11:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, floyd

Really nice melody and vocals as usual!
The simple blues chord progression is very pleasant.
The tight drums are also very comfortable.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#433903 - 10/17/17 07:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Love this from the very beginning. Sounds like an old Waylon Genings song and God knows I love me some outlaw music. Great vocal harmonies and superb guitar work.

www.sammycountry.com

#433920 - 10/17/17 09:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Biglad Offline
Apprentice

Loc: england
Quality all the way ,another lesson in songwriting and production. Beleive me im taking notes the phrasing and melodic content are again first class
thanks Floyd

#434034 - 10/18/17 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, you nailed this! Very, very catchy and just an overall example of strong songwriting. I loved the harmonies on this, and that kickin guitar solo at at around 1:45. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio among classic hits.

Great job on this - thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks, Deryk! Very nice of your to say... I think that RealTrack - 2688:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBrentSimple - is one of the best ever done. I've used it in several songs recently - and get a little bit different flavor in each of them - so it does not seems redundant at all...

#434148 - 10/19/17 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice one, Floyd!

Fun lyrics, great vocal, and those harmonies are so tight!

Nice guitar work too, you should play more!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Right on Time

#434151 - 10/19/17 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Floyd you just continue to pump out music of the highest quality.

You have absolutely mastered music delivery.

What a team you and the absolutely skilled Janice have delivered - again.

Don't ever stop.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#434300 - 10/19/17 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: RnAM]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
I like the way you turned your wife`s comment into a back-at-ya song!
This song has one of the catchiest choruses I`ve heard here and those Janice harmonies are mixed so we can hear how good she is.
Also that little vocal swoop you do on "little bit of me" is cool.
Excellent!

Robert

Robert - thanks for noting those things. You always seem to pick up on "the details"... that is TRULY appreciated...

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well Floyd, first of all I hope you guys are still together laugh ?
Yeah, I know, the same goes for Rob from time to time.
I think it's a 'male musician' kind of thing wink

But the song, however, is very nice, not too overbearing.
Good backing vocals by Janice.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie - thanks for that. I always love having Janice singing with me...

#434374 - 10/20/17 10:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

I just gave this a second and third listen. At first I thought this sounded like a Waylon song (and still does) but it just hit me... This sounds so much more like Ween "[*****] Up A Rope."

I absolutely love the feeling you've captured here. Great tune for sure. Keep up the great songwriting.

www.sammycountry.com

#434420 - 10/20/17 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Floyd, I think you outdid yourself on this one. This is one amazing track.

#434681 - 10/22/17 01:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: dani48
WOW !

All I can say is WOW !!!!
What a sweet tune perfectly
performed and mixed by Floyd,
Janice and Bud ! Absolutely
superb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani,

Janice

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Yep, this song sounds like it came from our house!

Great vocals (as usual), great mix (as usual) and super lyrics.

This is one super song and a keeper.

Thank you

Janice

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice and punchy

Great mix of the music and especially the vocals

got the message across, great hook, guitar solo, breaks

all done in under three minutes

done like a pro!

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! It was fun.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, you nailed this! Very, very catchy and just an overall example of strong songwriting. I loved the harmonies on this, and that kickin guitar solo at at around 1:45. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio among classic hits.

Great job on this - thanks so much for sharing smile

Thank you Deryk for mentioning the harmony!

Janice
J&B Website

#434766 - 10/23/17 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: Al-David]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Once again Floyd, tight pro sound with flawless vocal performance! I like the way Janice switched from harmony to unison and then back to harmony in the chorus! Great job getting those guitars all tightly working together in the rhythm bed! Very catchy tune! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey. Always enjoy hearing what you have to say about these. (You are really knocking out of the park these days!)

Originally Posted By: critter
Well you did it again, another great tune in my genre again, fantastic, keep it up!!!!!!!

Thanks, Steve - always nice to see you pop in...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd,

Liked it a bunch! A touch of the classic sound with lots of modern country music treatment. Janice's harmony os, as always, splendid. The girl can song! And that lead male vocal track is pretty danged good, too!

Yo9u always give us nothing but first class entertainment - just another example here. You set the bar pretty danged high fro the rest of us. Thanks for a super listen! Good stuff from beginning to end.
\
Alan

Thanks, Alan. I appreciate all that. I know Janice does, too... hope y'all are doing good... (you are doing some cool stuff theses days, too...)

#434837 - 10/23/17 01:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Floyd holy smokes love this everything about it great stuff eric

#434970 - 10/24/17 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: Scott C]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
The harmonies really lift this already cool track.
My only crit would be the kick drum sounds a little too clicky.
Small nit though.
Cool.

Thanks, Ray. A lot of the music I listen to uses a rather "clicky" kick...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love the backtrack on this. Great vehicle for a very cool vocal and lyric. Guitar was exceptional. Well done

Appreciate you stopping by, Scott...

#435053 - 10/24/17 03:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: RnAM]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
I like the way you turned your wife`s comment into a back-at-ya song!
This song has one of the catchiest choruses I`ve heard here and those Janice harmonies are mixed so we can hear how good she is.
Also that little vocal swoop you do on "little bit of me" is cool.
Excellent!

Robert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well Floyd, first of all I hope you guys are still together laugh ?
Yeah, I know, the same goes for Rob from time to time.
I think it's a 'male musician' kind of thing wink

But the song, however, is very nice, not too overbearing.
Good backing vocals by Janice.

Anne-Marie

Thank y'all so much for commenting on my small part with this. Bud could tell you how much fun I had dancing around the house as I learned it!

Janice
J&B Website

#435345 - 10/26/17 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: LPman
I definitely enjoyed this.... the arrangement, vocals...
Simplicity mastered

LPMan - thanks...

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
floyd, this is another one of your "hits"! Very well crafted. Sounds like something Vince Gill would do - and that's a real compliment in my book.

You just keep cranking them out.

Great sound, and feel to this one. Everything well up to your usual standards of excellence!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Appreciate that. Your new one is over-the-top good..

#435377 - 10/26/17 07:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: floyd jane]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Floyd.
I love that line dance style and you certainly do it justice.
Had my feet tapping. Cheers.

#435486 - 10/27/17 09:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Little Bit Of Me [Re: PeterGannon]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Floyd,
Another great song and performance, well done! Loved the harmonies - thank you Janice and Bud!

Peter - We really appreciate you stopping by for a listen. After all, you and your people are the reason we are all here. Thank you! for the miracle (software) that allows us all to bring our music to life!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 263 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Mac users can download the latest free patch update, Build 263, here.

Summary of changes for Version 2018 Build 263 (July 20, 2018):
Added: Help Video button added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Added: Menu items added for opening an entire Karaoke file.
Added: Menu items added for opening an entire MIDI file.
Added: Support added for features that some newer styles will require.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash or freeze when using adding UserTracks and pressing Play.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: 'Multi' and 'Medley' RealTracks were not displaying proper track titles.
Fixed: Playback might cause a crash after editing multi-drums.
Fixed: Some AU plugins might cause a crash during playback.
Fixed: The 'A number is out of range' error message should mention the number that the user entered for clarity.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Ghost button in the Piano Roll window could not be disabled.
Fixed: The Notation Window would not redraw properly after exiting the Import Chords dialog.
Fixed: The Preferences 2 dialog might not exit using [OK] without an 'A number is out of range' error message.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Improved: XML improvements.

Video - Unboxing Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is currently only available in English, but that didn't stop this Danish company, www.guitaren.dk/, from creating an unboxing video!

Video - Unboxing af Band In A Box 2018 Mac version

They love that Band-in-a-Box® is so portable when you order the UltraPAK pre-installed on a hard drive!
(...and so do we!!!)

YouTube Find - How I Learned To Play Guitar Without YouTube And NO GUITAR TEACHER

EricBlackmonGuitar recently posted a great video (using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks...) called How I Learned To Play Guitar Without YouTube And NO GUITAR TEACHER - check it out! Click here to watch...

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The December release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)

- Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!
- Complete New Features Video
- 2018 Audio Chord Wizard
- Vocal Oohs and Aahs
- Video RealTracks
- 202 NEW RealTracks
- 40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Forum Stats
27728 Members
50 Forums
52663 Topics
436608 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Arfkonk, DOM54, Ernesto18, rz68, CD in SB

27727 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 168
Al-David 158