Topic Options
Index
#440591 - 11/25/17 02:47 PM [User Showcase] YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/you-didnt-give-up-on-me
https://youtu.be/koylAy23pTY
This is a rework of a song I did a couple of years ago. I wanted it to have a little more snap to it than the original. Kind of draws from a mix of styles, everything from 70's folk rock to Motown.
The lyric content is from the heart, it's the way I really feel! Hope someone likes it. Lyrics are in the video. Thanks, T

BIAB
1637 Electric Guitar Rhythm Jazz Funk Breezy EV16 75
1236 Electric Guitar Rhythm Smooth Jazz Poppy Ev16 90
362 Acoustic Guitar Strumming EV85
1945 Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Groovin Folk EV85
2195 Piano Electric Vintage Rhythm Cool Jazz Pop Held EV85
Drums Country Pop Ballad

Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/25/17 05:33 PM)

#440594 - 11/25/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
This tune has everything going for it. Smooth cool and mellow with a retro seventies feel.
Great write Torrey. Rob

#440602 - 11/25/17 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Torrey,
I haven`t heard the original but this has all the quality you always bring: sincere lyrics and super smooth vocals with the jazzy pop style you are an absolute pro at.
Lovely guitar work throughout is the icing.
Most enjoyable!

Robert

#440606 - 11/25/17 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The songs I have heard from you always have such a professional sound quality to them. I really enjoyed this one, and I can tell that the lyrics come from the heart. This song really shines.

Thanks for the share!

#440637 - 11/25/17 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love the chord progression on this one Torrey. Super vocal and lyric. Very smooth tune.. Guitar was very cool

#440642 - 11/25/17 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Torrey,

Classic sound! Reminds me of very early 1970s MoTown before it faded away. Great vocal and arrangement. Sweet message in the lyric. As all your songs do, this has a very professional sound. I always enjoy your work!

Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#440657 - 11/25/17 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

#440680 - 11/26/17 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very nice Torrey! Nice groove to this. Love the vocals, those background vocals are perfect.

Great job on the guitar and bass too!

Pure class all the way.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#440693 - 11/26/17 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Torrey !:))

What a lovely tune
with super vocals and
very, very sweet chords
that is exactly what I
dig !:))

Cheers
Dani

#440698 - 11/26/17 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
“Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion”

I wanna do that when I grow up!

This has your fine signature everything: vocals, instrumental performance and mix.

Pro sound all the way!

J&B
J&B Website

#440748 - 11/26/17 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I never heard the previous version from a few years ago, but I certainly enjoyed this! You definitely succeeded in giving this tune the "snap" you were looking for. I loved the drums in this one, they get your toe tapping and have a ton of energy behind them. Not to mention, your vocal delivery here is seriously on point! Over all, it's just a well written song and it sounds very professionally mixed as well.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#440780 - 11/26/17 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Rob4580]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks for the kind words Rob! I appreciate it! T

#440781 - 11/26/17 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely lyrics and delivery.
Nice guitar.
Loads of style here.
Very tasteful Torrey.
Cheers.

#440801 - 11/26/17 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey

Wonderful playing and writing. As others have said pure class.
Sounds superb.

Peter

#440811 - 11/26/17 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Torrey,

I love your productions and singing man!

I am always reminded a little of ELO (and sometimes Todd Rundgren) but those are huge compliments.

You still sound pretty much like yourself though and that is the biggest compliment of all.

smile

Happy Holidays!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#440843 - 11/26/17 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

I appreciate your comments Robert! Thanks for taking time to listen! T

#440894 - 11/26/17 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Bliss...

I am no ladies' man, but your song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me", is the kind of dreamy, ultra-mellow, quietly uplifting song that, if I had heard it in a club on a Friday, or a Saturday night, would put me instantly in my best sweet-talking mode and have me surveying the place for a dance partner:

ME: Um, pardon me, miss, but, I just KNOW that you didn't get all prettied-up as you so obviously are, and drive all the way out here in the pouring rain (I live in Seattle!) just to sit down while the D.J. spins Torrey Bliss' new song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me".

SHE: You're right, I didn't. Are you asking me to dance with you?

ME: Miss, I've been moving with you (pointing at my forehead) here...and here (pointing at my heart) ever since I first saw you this evening. All I need you to do, now, is to take me by the hand (extending it), so I can get you up out of that chair, and allow me to make our way to that crowded dance floor so you, and me, can do this for real...

I'm sure you get the picture. The optimistic title, the slow-bop rhythm, the glowing chords from the electric piano, the bluesy sweetness of the rhythm guitars, the gospel-like testimony of the vocal chorus, the love-making solo guitar and your committed singing provide a soulfully transporting listening experience.

Mr. Bliss, the music you post to the "User's Forum" are maps of many moods.

Appreciatively,

LOREN

#440930 - 11/27/17 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks for the listen Ember and for the kind words! I appreciate it! T

#440962 - 11/27/17 08:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

I absolutely love your voice, Torrey. That's what hit me the most while listening to this song.
As David said, there's a little bit of ELO in your production (the drums, for example ..) and more than a bit of Jeff Lynne in your voice. And these were some of my musical heroes when I was (much) younger.
Great song, fantastic voice.
Top notch.

Edited by Jon Thomas (11/27/17 09:00 AM)

#441017 - 11/27/17 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: 44kfl]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

Torrey,

Kenny said everything I was thinking. And I'm glad he caught the Something/Anything sound - I couldn't put me finger on it, but that is it! Very Rundgren-ish!!!

Super cool sound.

Really enjoyed that.

floyd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Forum Stats
28068 Members
57 Forums
54395 Topics
449587 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
KeithR, Andreu Casado, Ozzoid, jabba, RickSC

28067 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 160