Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#440591 - 11/25/17 02:47 PM [User Showcase] YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME
Torrey Bliss Offline

Loc: Missouri
This is a rework of a song I did a couple of years ago. I wanted it to have a little more snap to it than the original. Kind of draws from a mix of styles, everything from 70's folk rock to Motown.
The lyric content is from the heart, it's the way I really feel! Hope someone likes it. Lyrics are in the video. Thanks, T

1637 Electric Guitar Rhythm Jazz Funk Breezy EV16 75
1236 Electric Guitar Rhythm Smooth Jazz Poppy Ev16 90
362 Acoustic Guitar Strumming EV85
1945 Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Groovin Folk EV85
2195 Piano Electric Vintage Rhythm Cool Jazz Pop Held EV85
Drums Country Pop Ballad

Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/25/17 05:33 PM)

#440594 - 11/25/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Rob4580 Offline

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
This tune has everything going for it. Smooth cool and mellow with a retro seventies feel.
Great write Torrey. Rob

#440602 - 11/25/17 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline

I haven`t heard the original but this has all the quality you always bring: sincere lyrics and super smooth vocals with the jazzy pop style you are an absolute pro at.
Lovely guitar work throughout is the icing.
Most enjoyable!

#440606 - 11/25/17 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The songs I have heard from you always have such a professional sound quality to them. I really enjoyed this one, and I can tell that the lyrics come from the heart. This song really shines.

Thanks for the share!

#440637 - 11/25/17 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Scott C Offline

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love the chord progression on this one Torrey. Super vocal and lyric. Very smooth tune.. Guitar was very cool
Scott Collingwood

#440642 - 11/25/17 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Al-David Offline

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Torrey,

Classic sound! Reminds me of very early 1970s MoTown before it faded away. Great vocal and arrangement. Sweet message in the lyric. As all your songs do, this has a very professional sound. I always enjoy your work!

Wishing you the very best.

BIAB 2018 Ultra Plus/all Style Paks * Win 10 * 8GB DDR4 * I5 6th Gen * AT2035 Mic * Peavey Nashville 112 Amp * Ibanez AR420 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic * Harbinger L802 Mixer

Instrumental Loops:

#440657 - 11/25/17 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
44kfl Offline

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

#440680 - 11/26/17 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
BlueAttitude Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very nice Torrey! Nice groove to this. Love the vocals, those background vocals are perfect.

Great job on the guitar and bass too!

Pure class all the way.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: The Traveller

#440693 - 11/26/17 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
dani48 Offline

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Torrey !:))

What a lovely tune
with super vocals and
very, very sweet chords
that is exactly what I
dig !:))

#440698 - 11/26/17 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline

Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm

I wanna do that when I grow up!

This has your fine signature everything: vocals, instrumental performance and mix.

Pro sound all the way!

Never grow's a trap.
J&B SoundCloud Sampler
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#440748 - 11/26/17 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I never heard the previous version from a few years ago, but I certainly enjoyed this! You definitely succeeded in giving this tune the "snap" you were looking for. I loved the drums in this one, they get your toe tapping and have a ton of energy behind them. Not to mention, your vocal delivery here is seriously on point! Over all, it's just a well written song and it sounds very professionally mixed as well.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#440780 - 11/26/17 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Rob4580]
Torrey Bliss Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks for the kind words Rob! I appreciate it! T

#440781 - 11/26/17 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
RichMac Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely lyrics and delivery.
Nice guitar.
Loads of style here.
Very tasteful Torrey.

#440801 - 11/26/17 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia

Wonderful playing and writing. As others have said pure class.
Sounds superb.

#440811 - 11/26/17 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Torrey,

I love your productions and singing man!

I am always reminded a little of ELO (and sometimes Todd Rundgren) but those are huge compliments.

You still sound pretty much like yourself though and that is the biggest compliment of all.

Happy Holidays!!
David Snyder
Audiophile Everything + Studio + Instruments + Fingers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
New Video - Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the Flash Drive Tutorial

When you order directly from us, there's an option to have your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK installation files sent to you on a flash drive (instead of DVD).
(this option appears during the check-out process)

We've created this handy tutorial video to walk you through the installation process:

Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson - YouTube Find (EricBlackmonGuitar)

Check out EricBlackmonGuitar's latest video, QUIK LICKS #14 Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson EricBlackmonGuitar HQ, where he not only teached a great guitar riff, but he also repeats that lick over a Band-in-a-Box backing track... what a great way to show how Band-in-a-Box is ideal for backing tracks!

Video link:

Thank you Eric!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Cleaned-up BB folder!

It's the first day of spring today, which means it's time to start spring cleaning!

We cleaned up the BB folder with our release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018. Over the years, this folder has been growing - there were up to 10,000 files in there! We've fixed this and put the files into various folders. This is done with a cleanup routine. The cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually by selecting the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine.

The cleanup routine does the following:
-Moves Styles files (.STY/.STX) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Styles.
-Moves Soloists files (.ST2/.XT2) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Soloists.
-Moves various Demo folders to C:\Demos.
-Moves various songs and lessons folders to C:\bb\Songs and Lessons.
-Moves various files essential for running Band-in-a-Box to C:\bb\Data and C:\bb\Data\Lib.
-Moves various preferences files to C:\bb\Preferences.
-Moves tutorial demo songs, program manuals (.pdf), and the help file (.chm) to C:\bb\Documentation.

Oliver Gannon Interview - Appointed to the Order of Canada!

Oliver Gannon (Peter Gannon's brother), was appointed to the Order of Canada in recognition for "his achievements as a musician" on December 29, 2017!

Oliver recently sat for an interview with CBC's Hot Air host Margaret Gallagher - read a summary and listen to the interview at

'I don't know ... why they chose me. But I'm very glad and I'm not giving it back'
-Oliver Gannon

To be clear, and avoid any confusion, there are two brothers: Peter Gannon is the "Band-in-a-Box" PG Music guy, and Oliver Gannon is the jazz guitarist who just won the Order of Canada.

#Monday Motivation - Free Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Want to snag yourself a free Band-in-a-Box® hard drive? Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Learn more about how to submit your video testimonial here.

Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at

User Tip - Custom Drum Shots

Have you ever wanted more control of the RealDrums generated within Band-in-a-Box? (example: with the same consecutive shot/hold/push)

Forum user Pipeline shared their steps in an incredibly detailed forum post to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out: Custom Drum Shots.

#FunFactFriday - Team PG!

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | About Band-in-a-Box, and you'll see more than just information on the program - you'll also see a complete list of Team PG - we're currently at 35 team members!

Forum Stats
27255 Members
49 Forums
50734 Topics
417554 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
fingers55, Mjolnnir, BigRd, printman73, atc

27255 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178
Matt Finley 173