Topic Options
Index
#443959 - 12/10/17 06:01 AM [User Showcase] The Rest Of My Life
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/tom-adams-the-rest-of-my-life

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

RealTracks in song: 1038:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm NorthernRockBallad Held Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2650:Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2448:Guitar, Electric, Background, PopDreamyBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2780:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Songwriter8thsBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2533:Guitar, Acoustic, HeldChords
Royalty Free Loops

Vocals and Electric Guitars, Tom Adams

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter

The Rest Of My Life

No more words just the slamming of the door
After all this time you wont be here anymore

i know what I’d do if I had my way
I'd go and tell you that you have to stay

Why tell me why did it all have to end like this
now I’m at this place where everything is new
Time heals all and it is what it is
I’ve got the rest of my life to get over you

Still don’t understand how we fell apart
I can't get over us. Don't know where to start

i know what I’d do if I had my way
I'd go and tell you that you have to stay

Why tell me why did it all have to end like this
now I’m at this place where everything is new
Time heals all and it is what it is
I’ve got the rest of my life to get over you

©2017 Thomas Adams

Edited by tommyad (12/10/17 06:07 AM)

#443966 - 12/10/17 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great song, great performance, and great mix! Totally pro all the way.

I loved everything about this, this is just about as good as it gets.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#443969 - 12/10/17 06:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
First impression? This song is well worth the wait!

What a tremendous reminder of the tommyad sound:

The fine write
The creative arrangement
The soulful vocals
The perfect guitar accents
The crystal clear and full of dynamics mix/master

Man, this one will rip the paint right off of your heart.

As Janice just said, "more! more! more!"

Welcome back and, hey, hang around!

J&B

J&B Website

#443977 - 12/10/17 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Excellent Tom!

beautiful guitar, super mix

top notch write and performance

so good to hear your music here again

how do like that Tonal Balance plugin?

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny

#444013 - 12/10/17 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom,

Great to see you back. Hope you've gotten your world straightened out after the storm.

A good write. Simple, to the point. Exceptional production and mix (as always). Your guitar parts are a tasty addition.

Terrific listen.

fj

#444029 - 12/10/17 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Marty Sorensen Offline
Apprentice

Loc: San Jose, CA
Okay, I don't have the talent or skills of the previous commenters, but I enjoyed it just as much.

#444045 - 12/10/17 01:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi Tommy. This is a real strong performance.
The chorus has a really good catchy hook.
I really like the way you hang on some of the words
in the second verse.
Great production. Rob

#444047 - 12/10/17 01:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: floyd jane]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Great to see you back. Hope you've gotten your world straightened out after the storm.

A good write. Simple, to the point. Exceptional production and mix (as always). Your guitar parts are a tasty addition.

Terrific listen.

fj

We couldn't agree more!
Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#444061 - 12/10/17 02:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WELCOME BACK TOMMYAD!!! MISSED YOU!!! Who else can set up an intro that, in the first two seconds, says "Hey Listen"!! Very sweet catchy music with a straight ahead heartfelt message. Great vocal and exquisite production!! Good to have you back!!! Take care. Greg

#444072 - 12/10/17 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Cool tune Tom. Loved this. Loved the intro. Super vocal and lyric. Guitar was exceptional. Glad to hear from you

#444080 - 12/10/17 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Wow. This is one of the best sounding songs I've heard on this forum, ever. Flawless production, great write, fantastic vocals. Pro all the way. I'm not exaggerating, this is truly TOP NOTCH.
Now I have to go back and listen to all your songs Tommy!!

#444087 - 12/10/17 03:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Tom.

Fabulous.

Amazing back-track - it's got power, it's got texture, it's got brilliant stereo.

Vocals - well just some of your very best.

Guitars - what a big, BIG, sound.

Everything professional in every respect.

Loved it all.

ROG.

#444091 - 12/10/17 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Dear "tommyad"...

"The Rest Of My Life" is an ear- and soul-filling song.

By "ear" I mean the sterling production quality. You can hear clearly all the instruments. By "soul" I mean the total impact of it, which surges, and then slows, like the nature of the emotions you express through your regretful lyrics: self-recrimination, the pain of hindsight, and the small beacon of hoped-for reconciliation by correcting past mistakes.

This sounds like a deeply-felt performance. If it actually happened to you, then you recalled it with a quality of detail that makes me wish you could patch things up and get back "on the good foot" with the subject of your lament smile !!!

Touched,

LOREN

#444104 - 12/10/17 06:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Tom,
There`s a signature sound to your productions ( as in top-shelf) and its great to hear your music again.
The guitar layers are an absolute treat.
This is a powerful, direct and still very catchy song.
Welcome back!

Robert

#444116 - 12/10/17 08:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Tom,

So very nice to have you back again! You've been missed more than you might think!

What a *BIG* sound! And every tiny bit is perfectly placed and performed. great, ear-catching intro. And as always, your vocal is superlative. This is country at its best! WOW!

Merry Christmas.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#444122 - 12/10/17 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom

Superb in every way - excellent arrangement, wonderful guitar parts, nice melody and great vocal.

Peter

#444138 - 12/10/17 10:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Tommy,
Good song.
Fabulous lyrics, vocal, delivery and guitars.
Well everything really.
Thumbs up.
Cheers.

#444215 - 12/11/17 07:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: 44kfl]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great song, great performance, and great mix! Totally pro all the way.

I loved everything about this, this is just about as good as it gets.

Dave, Thanks so much. Your comments are always appreciated, Tom
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
First impression? This song is well worth the wait!

What a tremendous reminder of the tommyad sound:

The fine write
The creative arrangement
The soulful vocals
The perfect guitar accents
The crystal clear and full of dynamics mix/master

Man, this one will rip the paint right off of your heart.

As Janice just said, "more! more! more!"

Welcome back and, hey, hang around!

J&B

As everyone knows sometimes life gets in the way and music has to take a back seat for awhile. Thank you both for the wonderful comments and support, Tom
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Excellent Tom!

beautiful guitar, super mix

top notch write and performance

so good to hear your music here again

how do like that Tonal Balance plugin?

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny
Kenny, Thanks for all that. The Tonal Balance plug in really works well. It should be recommended for everyone especially those of us experiencing hearing loss from standing in front of cranked amps for decades. Thanks again, Tom

#444223 - 12/11/17 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: tommyad]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
This is perfect example of its genre, radio friendly straight from the top of the charts. Perfect arrangement and mix. The title of the song is really strong, containing both eternal longing and comforting wisdom.

Janne

#444367 - 12/11/17 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rest Of My Life [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Terrific listen.

fj
I actually had a lot more damage than previously reported. I am still in the process of rebuilding 2 large storage sheds and repairing the Florida room. My problem is I can’t work like I used to. Getting old blows! So did the hurricane! You were right it was a life changing experience. Music takes a back seat when all this work needs to be done. I have a backlog of songs including this one that were written before the storm. Hopefully I’ll return to writing in the new year. Great job on that video presentation. Impressive. Thanks for the nice comments. We have a birthday coming soon. Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28080 Members
57 Forums
54443 Topics
450155 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, wumaimsd, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 175
David Snyder 140