You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#445433 - 12/16/17 01:13 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Final mixing and tracks control
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy - Milano
BIAB 2017
Hi,
the biab mixer seems to me poor of options and possibility of controls. If I adjust the volume of a track I see that the volume of the others changes too. They are not independent.
After I created the song with my midi and audio tracks, I would like to mix tracks, adjust tones and volumes. Maybe I'll have to export the created tracks and import them into another program.
What can I do?

Edited by cubalibre (12/16/17 01:37 AM)

#445442 - 12/16/17 02:39 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Final mixing and tracks control [Re: cubalibre]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Track volumes in the mixer are independent. It sounds like you've set something that's overriding these.

Perhaps, have you been using bar settings to set specific volumes at different locations in the song? These settings will override the mixer volumes.

#445445 - 12/16/17 03:01 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Final mixing and tracks control [Re: cubalibre]
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy - Milano
No I did not do anything. I noticed that while I varying the volume of a track by moving the slider I feel that other tracks are affected .... for example, if the bass volume is low, I feel that the drum track gets up by itself ... even the trebles of the drum become more obvious.
Maybe it's just my feeling.

Edited by cubalibre (12/16/17 03:03 AM)

#445460 - 12/16/17 04:41 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Final mixing and tracks control [Re: cubalibre]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
For mixing in BIAB, I view the volume controls in the mixer to be a master volume reference rather than volume controls. 90 is a relative level used by the program and mixer volume changes are percentage changes referenced to the 90 standard rather than just a gain change. When you render a mix, the volume and panning controls cannot be used in real time to alter volume and panning so they have to be set prior to a render and are static throughout the render. In order mix during a render, another process is necessary.

I automate my mix and render using bar settings. Gain changes and fades can be done at each bar. An example where I would do a gain change is at a solo break where I may increase the gain of my soloist while reducing the gain of other instruments so the soloist would be featured without interference. I would then lower the soloist and bring up the other instruments at the bar where the solo ends.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (12/16/17 04:50 AM)

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28081 Members
57 Forums
54454 Topics
450242 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
M1S1L, collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 180
David Snyder 142