Hi Folks,

I was looking at stylemaker, and I think there is a display issue for the mac vs windows program. Maybe somebody with the windows version can tell me what they see for the pattern filters.

If I edit/look at many of the styles, many of the patterns—all for some styles—always have a pattern filter of interval (for the next) chord "Up a Semitone" on the mac version. I would think it should be "*Any Interval", which is one different in the list of choices.

If my understanding is correct, "Up a Semitone" should mean that the pattern only possibly gets selected if the next chord goes up 1 semitone. To make a concrete example: if I have a chord progression of 1, 4, 2m, 5, etc. and a style CHAMBER1.STY then most of those patterns on the mac version should be filtered by this and not chosen as the chords of the next interval are more than a semitone. If the patterns are all that way, maybe it is a bug only with the way that filter parameter is displayed, as the program and styles works.

Now the Interval filter "Up a Semitone" is listed right next to "*Any Interval". Sometimes I have had program indexes off by 1; 0 indexing vs 1 indexing. Maybe internally the program (2017 Mac) thinks it is "*Any Interval", but displays it to the user as "Up a Semitone" which is one off.

Programs internally represent a list like:

intervalFilterParameter(0) = "Same Root" is first one
intervalFilterParameter(2) = "Up a Seventh" is second one
intervalFilterParameter(7) = "Up a Semitone" is eighth one
intervalFilterParameter(8) = "*Any Interval" is ninth one
So there could be some confusion, as intervalFilterParameter(8) is actually the ninth one, and not the eighth one.

Or I could be misunderstanding something……

Thanks in advance for any feedback on the windows program.

Biab, Logic Pro, Mac