You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#451623 - 01/16/18 05:18 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] HOW TO: identifying what plugins BIAB recognises
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
How to find out what plugins are installed in latter versions of BIAB.

ONE: SOFTWARE SYNTHESISERS (i.e. soft synths)

See the upper pair of images below. If the screenview is not the same shown on the image, CTRL+T will change views (this only applies to latter versions of BIAB).

1. Make sure that the Melody track is empty and does not contain a Realtrack.

2. Select the Plugins dialog window by following #1, #2, #3 as shown on the upper image.

3. Select "Melody" (#4).

4. Click on the Top Dropdown Button and the list of installed soft synths that are available to BIAB will be visible.

TWO: AUDIO EFFECTS

See the lower pair of images below.

5. Follow #1, #2, #3 as in part ONE above.

6. It's not necessary to select any particular track this time.

7. Click on the Second Dropdown Button to see a list of installed, thus available, effects.

Attachments
determining plugins - synths 2018.jpg

Description: Identifying installed software synthesisers

determining plugins - effects 2018.jpg

Description: Identifying installed audio effects

#451684 - 01/17/18 01:03 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: HOW TO: identifying what plugins BIAB recognises [Re: Noel96]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
You're doing God's work here, Noel.

Keep 'em coming! laugh

#451695 - 01/17/18 02:08 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: HOW TO: identifying what plugins BIAB recognises [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Teunis Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Hi Noel, you haven't added Dimension Pro? Don't you like it. I have used it a fair bit and find it really good.

Tony

#451712 - 01/17/18 04:43 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: HOW TO: identifying what plugins BIAB recognises [Re: Teunis]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Hi Noel, you haven't added Dimension Pro? Don't you like it. I have used it a fair bit and find it really good.

Tony

Tony,

I'm a fan of Dimension Pro, too.

Because I ultimately build my mixes and arrangements in Reaper, I don't have much need for soft synths in BIAB other than a general midi one (Coyote WT or TTS-1) so that I can hear whether or not a particular midi track will do the job.

If I need something a little more elaborate for a better sound, I usually use Sforzando and HiQ sounds.

The soft synths that are in the above list are a result of just fiddling around and trying things out (mainly to help users).

You're very observant!
Noel

#451759 - 01/17/18 09:15 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: HOW TO: identifying what plugins BIAB recognises [Re: Noel96]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Excellent set of instructions Noel. Thanks for posting this. Many people will get good use, for sure.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27834 Members
51 Forums
53016 Topics
440064 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23, BIGALTX, boblev

27833 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152