Go To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#452303 01/19/18 05:28 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Last year (2017) in August, I read the below post of Alan's and watched the videos that he linked to that post.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=427772

In addition to his and Di's immense love of life, love of music and love for one another that Alan's videos showed, there was one line in his post, that my brain kept returning to.

Originally Posted By: Alan David
Don'tcha think she looks pretty danged good for 65 years old at the time??!!

I don't know why, but every now and then, these words kept resurfacing in my mind.

It was a slow journey, but eventually his comment morphed into "She's so beautiful to me" and, once that happened, a song began to grow.

If you are interested in having a listen, here is that song. [Thank you Alan and Di smile I dedicate this composition to you.]

[Link no longer valid]

Please feel free to comment on any aspect of the work.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Those of us who have been on the forum for a few years are aware that life has not always been generous to Alan and Di. Through whatever has come their way, though, they have kept shining and, moreover, they have kept shining brightly. I marvel at their resilience and their positivity. For me, they stand amongst the most inspirational people I have ever known.

= = = = =

BIAB Band

1190: Bass, Electric, ModernRnBRock Ev 065
1676: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 065
1595: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
1539:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBelieveHeldDry Ev16 065

RealDrums: NashBrushBalDbKEv16^1-a: Snare, HiHat , b: QuarterHat, TripletSnare

= = = = =

Lyrics

Through the leaves and branches
Look at all that sunshine
A new tomorrow and it’s breaking free
You know, like the rising sun
You are so beautiful to me

When I’m on my own
Just me and memories
I’m usually smiling ‘cause you’re all I see

I don’t know what each new day will bring for us
What surprise will knock knock knock at the door
But as long as you’re beside me skies are blue for us
And life is true for us
Come sunshine, rain or storm

On all this planet
So vast and awesome
It’s here with you that I choose to be
You are so beautiful, so remarkable
You’re the sunshine that makes my day

©2018 Noel Adams, words and music, all rights reserved.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/24/20 10:43 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452305 01/19/18 05:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great Noel! I think that's the first time I've heard one of yours. I like your vocal style.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Noel96 #452322 01/19/18 08:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very, very nice. The arrangement feels organic, tailored for the song. The balance between the instruments and the vocals is great. Your voice is pleasant, and a perfect match for the arrangement and lyrics.

The held strum on the introduction is very effective, as are the other flourishes you've put in the song. Your little asymmetric Noel-isms come out smooth and natural.

I like the chord changes going into "blue for us/true for us", and that rhyme works really well. Plus, it distracts me from the fact that you already used it at the beginning of the verse. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Noel96 #452336 01/19/18 09:46 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful lyrics and presentation.
Your voice suits the song also Noel.
Great sentiments.
Cheers.

Noel96 #452338 01/19/18 10:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel. This sentimental song has a wonderful delicate melody.
Most enjoyable mate. Rob

Noel96 #452342 01/20/18 12:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel that's simply brilliant thanks for sharing

Noel96 #452347 01/20/18 01:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

Another stunning presentation... Great all around!

Bob

Noel96 #452354 01/20/18 02:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I read that post from Alan too back then, and also watched the videos.

Nice that it inspired you to write such a lovely song!

Really enjoyed this one Noel, well done smile

Noel96 #452358 01/20/18 02:45 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

A fabulous song with wonderful lyrics, a super professional arrangement and a perfect mix.

This has to be your best vocal performance ever.

I sat and listened to it spellbound.

ROG.

Noel96 #452367 01/20/18 04:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It is always pleasure to hear your new songs, they are always so positive, beautifully arranged with excellent vocals. This one is no exception, everything works perfectly, song that is "so beautiful, so remarkable the sunshine that makes my day". Your comments to other forum members' songs reflect also the same positivity that your songs. I feel I'm blessed to be part of this community where it is possible receive such a positive feedback and also get inspiration to songs from other members, like you have got here. Thanks Noel for sharing your new masterpiece and the story behind it smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Noel96 #452390 01/20/18 06:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Noel,

This one gave me real goosebumps man. Just awesome--and beautiful.

I could blabber and go on and on, but really this one just seems to come straight from the heart and is so pure, it is really what music is all about.

The music and the phrasing reminds me of the best of Cat Stevens. It's hard to know what to say except that it is just so simple and so perfect.

Well done sir!!!

Noel96 #452404 01/20/18 07:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
A wonderfully heartfelt lyric, strong vocal and lovely, elegant melody...this is pure Noel!
Those three guitars blend seemlessly.
I concur with Janne : your beautiful songs and ever positive contributions are a highlight of this forum.

Robert

Noel96 #452417 01/20/18 08:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Extraordinarily beautiful Noel.

You've paid a superb and generous tribute to Alan & Di. They will be thrilled with your dedication.

Melodically and Lyrically this is just brilliant.

And your selfless comment that 'that life has not always been generous to Alan and Di'. I'm sure that might apply to others who visit here also. Wishing them all health and happiness for 2018 and beyond.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Noel96 #452445 01/20/18 09:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel

Superb work. Lovely lyric, melodic appropriate backing and nicely performed.
An excellent production.

Peter

Noel96 #452467 01/20/18 11:18 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow, I really love how inspired everyone is here by one another! I think that's probably one of my favourite things about this forum. Everyone encourages and inspires everyone else's creativity! This was a really great song, and you made some really beautiful choices.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
Noel96 #452490 01/20/18 01:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Noel !

So sweet, so beautiful !
The best from you without
doubt, friend Noel !!

Wonderful music !

Cheers
Dani

Noel96 #452503 01/20/18 02:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a lovely tune Noel. I first want an excellent vocal. It was so tastefully down and expressed such a lovely lyric. The guitars in the background were the perfect choice. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Noel96 #452521 01/20/18 06:03 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Noel,

What a wonderfully moving and touching song. I watched Alan and Di's videos, and like you was very impressed at their loving interaction. Your song is so well written. One of your best. Really enjoyed it!

Your Texan friend,

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
sslechta #452536 01/20/18 08:54 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Sounds great Noel! I think that's the first time I've heard one of yours. I like your vocal style.

Thanks for having a listen, Steve. Appreciate it.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452562 01/20/18 10:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

I left a couple of comments on your Soundcloud post not long after you posted it (thanks for the PM!). But i never got back here, until now, to leave a comment on this great forum.

Di and I are both so appreciative of this. It literally brought tears to our eyes. We can't thank you enough for rendering such a beautiful song that cma e as an inspiration from one of our forum posts. It sounds like Noel Adams - no one else. And that makes us very happy. That Adams guy is pretty danged good, you know!

we all have our challenges in life and sometimes get a burnt burger when we were expecting a steak. Every day is a struggle for her - and sometimes me - but we have a closet full of tenacity. I miss those days when she and I would spend hours in front of that camera and sing our silly butts off. And she's always been gorgeous to me.

Again, a personal and very heartfelt thanks for this masterpiece. God bless, my friend. And we send our love and well wishes for others on this forum who have to face uphill battles of their own.

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,351
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213