Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#452303 - 01/19/18 07:28 PM [User Showcase] So Beautiful
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Last year (2017) in August, I read the below post of Alan's and watched the videos that he linked to that post.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=427772

In addition to his and Di's immense love of life, love of music and love for one another that Alan's videos showed, there was one line in his post, that my brain kept returning to.

Originally Posted By: Alan David
Don'tcha think she looks pretty danged good for 65 years old at the time??!!

I don't know why, but every now and then, these words kept resurfacing in my mind.

It was a slow journey, but eventually his comment morphed into "She's so beautiful to me" and, once that happened, a song began to grow.

If you are interested in having a listen, here is that song. [Thank you Alan and Di smile I dedicate this composition to you.]

Please feel free to comment on any aspect of the work.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Those of us who have been on the forum for a few years are aware that life has not always been generous to Alan and Di. Through whatever has come their way, though, they have kept shining and, moreover, they have kept shining brightly. I marvel at their resilience and their positivity. For me, they stand amongst the most inspirational people I have ever known.

= = = = =

BIAB Band

1190: Bass, Electric, ModernRnBRock Ev 065
1676: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 065
1595: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
1539:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBelieveHeldDry Ev16 065

RealDrums: NashBrushBalDbKEv16^1-a: Snare, HiHat , b: QuarterHat, TripletSnare

= = = = =

Lyrics

Through the leaves and branches
Look at all that sunshine
A new tomorrow and it’s breaking free
You know, like the rising sun
You are so beautiful to me

When I’m on my own
Just me and memories
I’m usually smiling ‘cause you’re all I see

I don’t know what each new day will bring for us
What surprise will knock knock knock at the door
But as long as you’re beside me skies are blue for us
And life is true for us
Come sunshine, rain or storm

On all this planet
So vast and awesome
It’s here with you that I choose to be
You are so beautiful, so remarkable
You’re the sunshine that makes my day

©2018 Noel Adams, words and music, all rights reserved.

#452305 - 01/19/18 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
sslechta Online   content
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Sounds great Noel! I think that's the first time I've heard one of yours. I like your vocal style.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#452322 - 01/19/18 10:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Very, very nice. The arrangement feels organic, tailored for the song. The balance between the instruments and the vocals is great. Your voice is pleasant, and a perfect match for the arrangement and lyrics.

The held strum on the introduction is very effective, as are the other flourishes you've put in the song. Your little asymmetric Noel-isms come out smooth and natural.

I like the chord changes going into "blue for us/true for us", and that rhyme works really well. Plus, it distracts me from the fact that you already used it at the beginning of the verse. wink

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#452336 - 01/19/18 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Beautiful lyrics and presentation.
Your voice suits the song also Noel.
Great sentiments.
Cheers.

#452338 - 01/20/18 12:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi Noel. This sentimental song has a wonderful delicate melody.
Most enjoyable mate. Rob

#452342 - 01/20/18 02:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Noel that's simply brilliant thanks for sharing

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#452347 - 01/20/18 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Noel,

Another stunning presentation... Great all around!

Bob

#452354 - 01/20/18 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I read that post from Alan too back then, and also watched the videos.

Nice that it inspired you to write such a lovely song!

Really enjoyed this one Noel, well done smile

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Life ain't a Cookie Jar

#452358 - 01/20/18 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Noel,

A fabulous song with wonderful lyrics, a super professional arrangement and a perfect mix.

This has to be your best vocal performance ever.

I sat and listened to it spellbound.

ROG.

#452367 - 01/20/18 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
It is always pleasure to hear your new songs, they are always so positive, beautifully arranged with excellent vocals. This one is no exception, everything works perfectly, song that is "so beautiful, so remarkable the sunshine that makes my day". Your comments to other forum members' songs reflect also the same positivity that your songs. I feel I'm blessed to be part of this community where it is possible receive such a positive feedback and also get inspiration to songs from other members, like you have got here. Thanks Noel for sharing your new masterpiece and the story behind it smile

Janne

#452390 - 01/20/18 08:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Noel,

This one gave me real goosebumps man. Just awesome--and beautiful.

I could blabber and go on and on, but really this one just seems to come straight from the heart and is so pure, it is really what music is all about.

The music and the phrasing reminds me of the best of Cat Stevens. It's hard to know what to say except that it is just so simple and so perfect.

Well done sir!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#452404 - 01/20/18 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Noel,
A wonderfully heartfelt lyric, strong vocal and lovely, elegant melody...this is pure Noel!
Those three guitars blend seemlessly.
I concur with Janne : your beautiful songs and ever positive contributions are a highlight of this forum.

Robert

#452417 - 01/20/18 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Extraordinarily beautiful Noel.

You've paid a superb and generous tribute to Alan & Di. They will be thrilled with your dedication.

Melodically and Lyrically this is just brilliant.

And your selfless comment that 'that life has not always been generous to Alan and Di'. I'm sure that might apply to others who visit here also. Wishing them all health and happiness for 2018 and beyond.

Trev

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#452445 - 01/20/18 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Noel

Superb work. Lovely lyric, melodic appropriate backing and nicely performed.
An excellent production.

Peter

#452467 - 01/20/18 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Wow, I really love how inspired everyone is here by one another! I think that's probably one of my favourite things about this forum. Everyone encourages and inspires everyone else's creativity! This was a really great song, and you made some really beautiful choices.

Thanks for sharing.

#452490 - 01/20/18 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Noel !

So sweet, so beautiful !
The best from you without
doubt, friend Noel !!

Wonderful music !

Cheers
Dani

#452503 - 01/20/18 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a lovely tune Noel. I first want an excellent vocal. It was so tastefully down and expressed such a lovely lyric. The guitars in the background were the perfect choice. Well done

#452521 - 01/20/18 08:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Noel,

What a wonderfully moving and touching song. I watched Alan and Di's videos, and like you was very impressed at their loving interaction. Your song is so well written. One of your best. Really enjoyed it!

Your Texan friend,

Steve

#452536 - 01/20/18 10:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: sslechta]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Sounds great Noel! I think that's the first time I've heard one of yours. I like your vocal style.

Thanks for having a listen, Steve. Appreciate it.

#452562 - 01/21/18 12:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Noel,

I left a couple of comments on your Soundcloud post not long after you posted it (thanks for the PM!). But i never got back here, until now, to leave a comment on this great forum.

Di and I are both so appreciative of this. It literally brought tears to our eyes. We can't thank you enough for rendering such a beautiful song that cma e as an inspiration from one of our forum posts. It sounds like Noel Adams - no one else. And that makes us very happy. That Adams guy is pretty danged good, you know!

we all have our challenges in life and sometimes get a burnt burger when we were expecting a steak. Every day is a struggle for her - and sometimes me - but we have a closet full of tenacity. I miss those days when she and I would spend hours in front of that camera and sing our silly butts off. And she's always been gorgeous to me.

Again, a personal and very heartfelt thanks for this masterpiece. God bless, my friend. And we send our love and well wishes for others on this forum who have to face uphill battles of their own.

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Forum Stats
27511 Members
50 Forums
51815 Topics
428101 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
markmarkmark, rocetka, Richard Black, jcbush13, Bernman48066

27510 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 438
zedd 195