Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#452695 - 01/21/18 02:11 PM [User Showcase] KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members)
Torrey Bliss Online   content
Expert

Loc: Missouri
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/keep-singing-your-song

Recently our musical brother David Snyder made a post about "Why this forum matters". David made so many great points in this post and it got me to thinking about how it seems that we forum members are on some sort of journey together. I have been around here a couple of years now and I have been noticing how the quality of material posted here is getting better all the time. I believe it's because we are learning a lot from each other and the constructive critiques offered without negativity! This song I dedicate to you, my fellow forum members! I want this one to be an encouragement to you, the one who may be thinking it's time to give it up, to keep on keepin' on. Somebody is being blessed by your work even if you're not aware of it! Thanks for listening and always being an encouragement to me! I am still working on this and will probably re-record the vocals again later (very sore throat) and do some better mastering on it, but wanted to get this message out there now! Thanks for listening, Torrey

BIAB
Bass - 995 Hard Rock LA EV 120
Drums - RockHard LA
Organ - 686 B3 Pop Background Ev 120
Guitar - 997 Hardrock LA Crisp Ev 120
Acoustic Guitar - 1119 12string Acoustic Strumming
Acoustic Guitar - 405 Acoustic Strumming EV 120
Piano -1262 Acoustic Rhythm Pop Shing Held EV 120

Me
Vocals
Electic Guitars lead and rhythm
Synths

Edited by Torrey Bliss (01/22/18 03:34 PM)

#452705 - 01/21/18 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I 100% agree with this! Even in the 6 months that I have been with the company I've noticed the growth! It's really fascinating and amazing to watch. I love that you made a song dedicated to this. You did a really great job. A really motivational piece.

Thanks for the share!

#452708 - 01/21/18 02:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Torrey,

What a great sound! Love the Harrison feel of this one - great production and such a positive message.

Excellent!

Bob

#452723 - 01/21/18 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey

Very nice message, and excellent song. Loved the Harrison sounding guitar at the intro - I love the way you layer your music and guitars (which always sound great) - some nice Beatles influences.
Clever and entertaining.

Peter

#452730 - 01/21/18 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Wow!!!!!!!! Torrey! Awesome man. This is like the forum theme song and anthem!

Let everyone take heed: More is more y'all. Pour it on in 2018.

You are so right. This forum is like nothing I have ever seen in my life in terms of mentoring--such a phenomenal community. It's like we're all students at some famous music university--learning from one another.

And yeah, the songs by everyone keep getting better and better and better, and many of them are mind-boggling now.

This feels like an electronic community version of the 60s. BIAB Woodstock, 2018. Peace and love and wild imagination and great music blossoming from everyone everywhere.

Bring it on!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.

That's the secret sauce of life, man.

Period and end of sentence.

Rock on in 2018 Peeps!

And thanks Torrey.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#452733 - 01/21/18 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
1st thing I thought was Traveling Wilburys. Nice stacking of sound layers. Brought in the Hammond at exactly the right time. Subtleties like that make songs sing.

#452737 - 01/21/18 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Torrey,
Love that intro - you have mastered that layered guitar sound and this would be great even without the message...which puts this into theme song and daily reminder mode for me.
Really cool, catchy melody; but then I`ve come to expect that from you!
A song as a gift - Thank You!!

Robert

#452743 - 01/21/18 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Perfect as usual. I definitely agree on the George Harrison reference. Nice work and message!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#452746 - 01/21/18 05:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Torrey,

This is awesome! I agree with David Snyder, this could be the anthem for this forum. I totally agree with the message and sentiment of this song. This forum is so supportive and encouraging. Some really great people here! Thanks for writing this and sharing it.

BTW, really well done!

Steve

#452758 - 01/21/18 06:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Torrey,,

What a great song and production. Your posts are always so professional. I have to pile onto the George Harrison references. This is really terrific!

David Snyder is one of the most inspirational people on these forums. he's a terrific guy, wonderful creator of music and always leaves a positive footprint wherever he treads. You've honored him quite nicely.

There's nothing to not like/love about this song. An old, disabled, retired soldier's heartfelt salute to you and David. God bless.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#452778 - 01/21/18 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Very inspirational and well done.

"Keep singing your song let your story be told
If you keep it inside you’re only gonna grow old".

Amen to that!
Good one Torrey.

Cheers.

#452785 - 01/21/18 10:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
People already have said exactly why this song is great.

They're right, of course. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#452793 - 01/22/18 02:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yep, you are channeling George on this one for sure!

I agree with everything you said, and David's post. Although I've been a forum member for more than 10 years I've really only been active for the last couple. In that time my production skills have improved immensely due to feedback I received from posting my music here.

Floyd did a post over on the Mixing forum about the importance of getting the drums loud enough in the mix, and one of things he said was:
"If you stopped listening to music around 1979 (which a lot of "old guys" did), then you likely don't "get" drums",
and my first thought was "hey, that's me"!
But it's not really me because I listen to the music made here by other forum members, including genres I would never even consider listening too if it wasn't for the forum.

Good post Torrey, enjoyed the listen!

Edited by BlueAttitude (01/22/18 07:15 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Life ain't a Cookie Jar

#452819 - 01/22/18 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Torrey, The arrangement and the vocals shine through on this one. I love the way the drums change at 2:44. The great care with which you crafted this piece is evident throughout. Pro all the way with a very unique overall sound. Excellent work from a gifted musician and writer, Tom

#452833 - 01/22/18 06:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: KEEP SINGING YOUR SONG (A tribute song to all fellow forum members) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you absolutely nailed this one! The arrangement is top notch, and your mixing on this is superb. Your vocals really cut through here, and the whole tune has a wonderful groove as well. Not to mention, this is a wonderful tribute to all the fellow forum members here that make up this online community!

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until May 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 was initially released with our Windows version of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, and with the release of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we're having a sale!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

We've put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until May 31st! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Forum Stats
27509 Members
50 Forums
51808 Topics
428054 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rocetka, Richard Black, jcbush13, Bernman48066, jycjones01

27509 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 436
zedd 195