You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#453717 - 01/25/18 05:20 PM [RealBand] Thank You for the separate backup saves
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
We did a recording last week that, when opened today, got the dreaded 'File has invalid data' error.
For a minute we thought we lost 3 hours of creative work (X5 guys = 15 man hours lost!)

Then I remembered to try opening a backup.
Turns out we had 2 backups, and one was from 3 minutes before the final (corrupted) save .. so I opened that BKS file and everything was there.
smile

It was a lifesaver compared to having 4 guys standing there looking at you with an obvious 'not happy' look on their face.

I love that feature.

#453718 - 01/25/18 05:44 PM [RealBand] Re: Thank You for the separate backup saves [Re: rharv]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Do you have to set it up or is it the default? Is it documented? Where are the backups found? Never needed it, but I guess I will one day.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#453719 - 01/25/18 05:48 PM [RealBand] Re: Thank You for the separate backup saves [Re: rharv]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
I like that with Pro Tools as well.... Glad your session was saved!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#453724 - 01/25/18 06:17 PM [RealBand] Re: Thank You for the separate backup saves [Re: lambada]
rharv Offline
Veteran

They get saved as default setting.
How many versions and how much disk space (etc) are all controlled in Options under the File tab.
Labeled 'Create backup file when overwriting a SEQ file'.

Check your current active PT or RB folder (likely C:/Realband or C:/PT) for a sub-folder named RBBackup or PTBackup.

Your backup copies live there.

Currently in RB you would use File-Open Special .. then select Open Backup
In the older version of PT I was on in this instance it was File-Open Backup

I'm just glad they are there!

#453889 - 01/26/18 02:52 PM [RealBand] Re: Thank You for the separate backup saves [Re: rharv]
Rutabago Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ottawa Canada.
I just checked my RB Backup folder, (BIAB 2018) (Windows 7) it's empty! Preferences set for 5 backups per tune with a total of 1000. Where are my backups hiding?

#453892 - 01/26/18 03:11 PM [RealBand] Re: Thank You for the separate backup saves [Re: rharv]
rharv Offline
Veteran

One thing in 'RB' I know of that may cause this is lack of free disk space.
I believe if you don't have a certain amount disk space free RB won't eat up the space.

Your post mentions BiaB 2018, which I do not think has this feature.
Only RB does.

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53024 Topics
440125 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
HCM, iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23

27835 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152