Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#453370 - 01/24/18 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Nice take on it. I am not a power rock/pop kind of guy but I am schooled enough to know when it's a good performance. Good job on this.

Edited by eddie1261 (01/24/18 03:49 PM)

#453442 - 01/24/18 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: RichMac]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi HTL.

Wonderful energy, freshness and life in your song.
I think it's great just as it is.
Turned it way up!

Cheers.

I'm happy you turned it way up! That made my day.

Thanks for listening!

#453460 - 01/24/18 05:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This is kick @ss fantastic! A completely different version that I never saw coming. Everything about this is top shelf!

This is a keeper for sure.

PS - don't give us anymore BS about your lack of mixing and EQing skills. We now know better.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#453494 - 01/24/18 10:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, HearToLearn

It's a really cool hard rock.
I see the appearance like David's posted photo.
I am very surprised at the heavily difference with my version (“The Paradox Of You” 6th version).
Heavy sound, typical hard rock killer arrangement!
Excellent performance!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#453496 - 01/24/18 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Wow!! A really different take on this song. Excellent.

#453501 - 01/24/18 11:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
HTL,

You've done a magnificent job with this. The energy coming out my speakers was enough power a small town! What can I say? Everything about this was confident, competent and really, really well put together.

Your take on these lyrics took me completely by surprise in a great way!

All the best,
Noel

#453516 - 01/25/18 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
I'll keep it short and to the point. I've N-E-V-E-R heard a power rock song I like more than this one. And I mean that totally. In my 71 years - this is best! Terrific production and performance. - WOW!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#453538 - 01/25/18 05:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: David Snyder]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Raaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!

You been holding out on us HTL.

Not so much. Just a busy life, and write A LOT already for work.

I also don't hear much of the kinds of stuff I write on the forum. You've given me hope wink

Quote:
This sounds awesome!

Thanks! That's great to hear. smile

Quote:
Man, I took off my Elvis suit and I was buck naked when I listened to this, eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich dropping crumbs all over my stomach while I was nodding my head to this crushing tune.

Just wanted to leave you with that.

HA! HA! HA! Elvis is alive and well, I see.

I remember you saying how "Buck Naked" was your adult film star name before being saved. Good for you!

By the way, no need to live stream your listening experiences. The typed word suffices for me wink

Quote:

Rock on! LOL Thanks again for the laughs. I love humor.

#453546 - 01/25/18 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Man.... my FAVORITE version of this.

That is so cool, and love the production tricks you use..... EQ might be a pain, but hey, it's reasonably done. I'll bet this rocks with a wave on a studio system with a sub don't ya know!!

Did you use Glitch?

Well done. Yep... I like this.

edit: I'll bet JC never saw THIS one coming.

Edited by Guitarhacker (01/25/18 06:24 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#453552 - 01/25/18 06:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We had to shove the sub back against the wall three times. If this had a piano in it you could’ve set it on fire and walked off the stage.

Spector never really knew what a wall of sound was. At least not what just got thrown at us. No earbuds, no monitors for this. We cranked the Polks and the sub way up for the full experience.

The performances on vocals and drums oughta rattle the forum to the core. We need more like this. Three cups of joe and then this...whew!

Hey, no genre worries...good music is good music

Janice said she could visualize Steve Jordan’s motions on the drums. Not the same style but he has a great look when playing.

More! Re this style Bud is likely your oldest fan smile

J&B

J&B Website

#453554 - 01/25/18 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
Definitely the most interesting version of the paradox, really grunge song smile Powerful mix, nothing disturbs me, difficult to believe you can create this heavy sound by using BIAB real tracks. I like the ending effect. Rocking vocals, with a bit of Dave Grohl.

Janne

#453576 - 01/25/18 08:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Caaron,

SPECTACULAR!

All the above accolades are warranted and deserved. EQ problems?..eh..NO, none at all!

A truly EXCELLENT use of these lyrics. None better. They work as "metal lyrics" - like that was meant to be. Zowie.

As far as I can tell, you never specifically said that the vocal is you? It is INCREDIBLY GOOD! Off-the-charts-good. A voice meant for ROCK!! I listened a number of times JUST to key on IT. (I listened other times to key on other aspects - each deserving it's "own listen").

AWESOME drums! (They definitely got their own listen). Solid. You can't do that type drumming and "get away with sloppy". Tight as *@#*^@#(!!! Dang. (I do think Nickelback's drums are mixed just a smidge louder smile just a smidge). Truly. Awe. Inspiring. (That has GOT to be exhausting!!!)

Great use of the BAND! Without a doubt the best metal we have ever heard. Even without spending a bunch of time on the getting-picky-with-the-lead, it fits perfectly.

Great mix. Cranked as loud as possible this sounds great. Metal with Warmth. That can't be easy to accomplish.

What a treat. The "break" at 2:01 was crazy good!

Please do A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!

fj

#453725 - 01/25/18 06:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: tommyad]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Killer!!! Workin it on the intro. Man you can play! Grohl got nuthin on you. Super rock vocal and the vinyl scratches and vocal effects as well as the shutdown at end are all nice touches. You best keep on posting or a lot of us will be disappointed. Very impressive, Tom

Dang Tom, you have no idea how much that means coming from you!

Gotta love Grohl. The intro was fun to play. Originally I was doing straight 16ths on the kicks, but "the kids" now play more varied patterns.

Thanks for noticing all that you did. I am constantly in awe of your productions; so your comments are much appreciated!

#453733 - 01/25/18 09:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: HearToLearn]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Look what they’ve done to my song, mum. Look what they’ve done to my song! This was supposed to be a love song!!!. I am (of course) only joking. You took these lyrics and interpreted them in exactly your own way. Which is a exactly what they were there for!

The song is absolutely amazing Caaron. Those vocals are just right out of the park. Unbelievable that this was done with band in a box. As for “lack of EQ”? It is just like I always suspected...that these realtracks are so beautifully recorded and produced that they don’t need much from us at all!

A truly unique and paradoxical take. Well done. Stand back Nickleback.

Edited by JoanneCooper (01/25/18 09:52 PM)

#453765 - 01/26/18 04:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Paradox Of You IX [Re: Robertkc]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
So glad my tylenol had kicked in before pressing "play"

Ha! THAT was funny.

Quote:
... and I really enjoyed this!
Brilliant intro and close - one of the most inventive I`ve heard on the forum.Very good high energy vocal too.

Thank you very much. That's very kind of you to say.

Quote:
A most heavy Paradox.

Indeed wink Thanks for giving it a listen. smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until May 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 was initially released with our Windows version of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, and with the release of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we're having a sale!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

We've put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until May 31st! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Forum Stats
27509 Members
50 Forums
51809 Topics
428061 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rocetka, Richard Black, jcbush13, Bernman48066, jycjones01

27509 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 437
zedd 195