Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455298 - 02/02/18 11:36 AM [User Showcase] LOVE BITTER BLUES
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/i-stopped-singing-those-lost-out-on-love-bitter-blues

A silly little bluesy love song. Had a lot of fun doing this one and I hope someone likes it! Thanks again PG Music for helping me get my ideas into a tangible form!

BIAB
Bass - 1845 Electric Country Boogie SW 110
Drums - Funk Swing
Piano - 1854 Acoustic Rhythm Country Boogie SW 110
Acoustic Guitar - 1795 Dixieland Medium SW 110
Organ - 425 B3 Background Blues SW 120
Guitar - 953 Electric Rhythm Country Boogie Clean SW 110

Me
Vocals
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Organ

Edited by Torrey Bliss (02/02/18 03:49 PM)

#455338 - 02/02/18 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey
A damn fine - "silly little bluesy love song"....
Sophisticated, clever and interesting. Great vocal arrangement and some excellent guitar playing - loved the octave section.
Excellent.

Peter

#455339 - 02/02/18 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Torrey,

There's a clarity to this production that is incredible. Right from the start, the sound was crisp and crystal clear. It made me sit up and pay attention.

Your singing is great and the song is really entertaining. I didn't hear anything 'silly' about this at all. What I head was talent shining brightly in every direction.

All the best,
Noel

#455383 - 02/03/18 04:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: PeterF]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Torrey
A damn fine - "silly little bluesy love song"....
Sophisticated, clever and interesting. Great vocal arrangement and some excellent guitar playing - loved the octave section.
Excellent.

Peter

Yes, pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I loved this one, outstanding!!

Edited by BlueAttitude (02/03/18 12:28 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#455392 - 02/03/18 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Torrey,

This is REALLY nice. A terrific Pop write. Awesome melody (you are SO god at that!).

Your vocal on this is exceptional - one of your best, I think.

Nice production and mix. Super guitar.

fj

#455430 - 02/03/18 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi torrey wow this is great peace great vocal mixed so clear excellent work. and great guitar chops thanks for sharing eric

#455441 - 02/03/18 09:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Torrey,
A very Beatles sounding blues - maybe a bit looser than the arrangements on your recent songs, but still so catchy (to my ears you own that adjective when it comes to song melody!),
Nice to hear your lead guitar in a different style and the vocal is one of your best.

Robert

#455452 - 02/03/18 11:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
My kind of blues Torrey. Super guitar with a super vocal. Loved your phrasing. Very cool. Harmonies were exceptional

#455453 - 02/03/18 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you nailed this, Torrey! I can't get over how well produced this sounds. I wouldn't flinch hearing this on the radio. The harmonies on the chorus are superb, and overall it's just a very well written song. Not to mention, that groove is great! It had my foot tapping within a few bars.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

#455466 - 02/03/18 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Wow Torrey, this really is a great bluesy song!
Very cool vocals and the guitar sounds so good!
Your best!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#455560 - 02/04/18 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: PeterF]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks Peter!? I really appreciate that! T

#455671 - 02/04/18 06:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Noel96]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks Noel for those kind comments! I appreciate it! T

#455674 - 02/04/18 06:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Really nice, Torrey! Great guitar work, and your vocals shine as always. Very well written, and I particularly like the progression.

Steve

#455718 - 02/05/18 06:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

I don't have have time to write down everything I like about this. It is classic pop rock in the Style of Steely Dan. Magnificent chord progression and jazz soloing. Great vocals and harmonies--totally pro.

Loved it man. You are a true artist!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#455728 - 02/05/18 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Silly? Little? Hahahaha!

What so many would give to be able to write and perform and arrange and mix a song like that.

Posters have already thrown accolades at the progression, the write and the performances on vocals and guitar.

We'll only add that this is the kind of bluesy production that can also serve to draw new listeners into the blues...yes to us it's the blues but it has a light and very cool pop vibe to it. Heck maybe that's why people mentioned Steely Dan - but not having listened to them what would we know? Well, we know this is a great production and a wonderful addition to our SC favs playlist.

J&B
J&B Website

#455764 - 02/05/18 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Torrey,

This is REALLY nice. A terrific Pop write. Awesome melody (you are SO god at that!).

fj

Yeah - what Floyd said. A big Plus 1. Your vocal is exceptional. You're a "silly little song's' best friend. Loved the casual feel to this! You're an exceptional talent.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#455827 - 02/05/18 01:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: Al-David]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Torrey,

fj

Yeah - what Floyd said. A big Plus 1. Your vocal is exceptional. You're a "silly little song's' best friend. Loved the casual feel to this! You're an exceptional talent.

Alan

I agree also! I also liked the vocals and especially the guitar leads. Great mix!

You are a multi-talented musician.

Two thumbs up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455872 - 02/05/18 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: BlueAttitude]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks for the listen Dave! I highly value your input! T

#455919 - 02/06/18 01:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: floyd jane]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

I appreciate that Floyd! Thanks for listening! T

#456059 - 02/06/18 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE BITTER BLUES [Re: F.M.M.]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks Eric! I appreciate it! T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27838 Members
51 Forums
53035 Topics
440242 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jfrances, LatinoMike, HCM, iyana, mfandrich

27837 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 145