You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#309685 - 09/08/15 09:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Have you created a MIDI file in Band-in-a-Box that you'd like to turn in to a Style? With the Style Wizard in Band-in-a-Box for Windows, you can!

The Style Wizard allows you to quickly make your own simple or advanced styles from a standard MIDI file - without requiring any knowledge of the StyleMaker! Novice users will appreciate the automated option that "does everything" to make the style while advanced users will appreciate the custom options to control which bars from the MIDI file are included in the style, how many pattern variations, and more.

Watch the support video here: youtu.be/3TkfXtYYsgU

#309687 - 09/08/15 10:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
DEddy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canada
Interesting, thanks for the video tip.

DE

Short term memory is getting shorter.

#309710 - 09/08/15 03:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
The MIDI Style Maker and Style Wizard are where the sorcery of BIAB resided before the advent of Real Tracks. They're still there, and they're just as powerful as they ever were. For those who work primarily in MIDI, as I do, this is a Big Deal.

Richard

#459743 - 03/01/18 04:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
massichat Offline
Enthusiast

Great, thank you!
And for a bass line or a phrase?
Is it possible to create for example a bar with some bass notes in C and expect Biab to transpose them when you change chord or key and integrate them as a custom bass midi?

#459872 - 03/01/18 04:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Looks interesting. Especially for creating very simple contemporary patterns for bass, keyboards etc. Can you easily mix these midi styles with Realtracks? I guess so, as some BIAB styles are mixed midi and Realtracks.

Edited by lambada (03/01/18 04:56 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#459963 - 03/02/18 08:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
Can you easily mix these midi styles with Realtracks?

The MIDI style you create functions just like any MIDI style provided by PGMusic. So you can overlay RealTracks on various tracks, or you can select a specific track from the MIDI style to overly a completely different style. All the style rules apply, whether you create it or PGMusic creates it.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#460061 - 03/02/18 06:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
I was heavy into making pure piano music last year. There was not much pure piano styles to find, so I decided to explore the style maker to make my own, or transform any other midi style to pure piano styles. And then suddenly I had a pile of styles to chose from. It's SO easy to make any style to pure piano styles. IN this way I was able to create a lot of piano songs, without even know how to play good piano my self....;) The styles, combined, especially with the soloist, created some, in my ear, stunning piano pieces... Especially in the classical styles and jazz styles.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#460859 - 03/06/18 10:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: Ryszard]
beat box boy Offline

Hello. I have a midi file with over 124 bars. How can I figure out how to make the A subset and B subset? I tried to set them based on the verse (a subset) and the chorus (b subset) at the correct bar start but it is not working. Also my drums are not correct either. They go from the verse bar back to the chorus bar track and sound off. I checked out a lot of YouTube tutorials and read the help manual but am still confused. I appreciate your help as I need this for a college project. Thank you smile

#460866 - 03/06/18 11:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Make your own MIDI Style in Band-in-a-Box with the Style Wizard! [Re: beat box boy]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
The Style Wizard in Band-in-a-Box for Windows is really a GREAT feature.

So, each user can make its own MIDI styles, especially for styles that PG Music don't offer.

I've done dozens and dozens of user MIDI styles/Multistyles and all works fine (styles and stylepicker).

Using pro MIDI files and a good sound expander, you can approach the result of RealTracks. You can also record in live your patterns.

The advantage is after hearing the style in different song situations, you can tweak it (by editing notes, velocity, expression, fills, patterns for a specific chord, specific bass patterns,...). So, the style becomes better and better and it fits our own music ideas.

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Forum Stats
27616 Members
50 Forums
52225 Topics
432313 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
donbaxter, Jose-Luis-NZ, Cipher, BillyP, fleahead

27616 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 195
Noel96 170