You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#56889 - 01/21/10 02:48 AM [Off-Topic] The Power of His Love
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Here is a new song post. The main vocal was recorded using a Samson Co1 and the background vocals were done by my son and were recorded using a Rode Nt1 on my Zoom r16, the song was created using all realtrac instruments from biab 2010. It was mixed using Realband 2010. It is an original song. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

My Music
My Blog

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#56890 - 01/21/10 06:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Robert,

I think you did a great job! The vocals are right up front in the mix, nothing else is in the way. The instruments seem to be panned and mixed well enough to satisfy my ears. I especially like the way you controlled the backing tracks to come in and out at various places in the composition. (IMHO, the classic newbie mistake is to let every instrument play all the way through a song, and you didn't do that)

One of the first things I do when listening to new music on SongRamp is to click through the song to see if there are any interesting "change-ups" in volume, instrumentation, harmony or tempo. If the song sounds pretty much the same no matter where I click, then I don't usually listen to the song all the way through.

I think that when composing with BIAB , special care should be taken to introduce this "change-up", because the software tends to fill up the space with sound, all at the same level. The nice thing about RB is that it lets you selectively remove some of the clutter and make other subtle changes to make the song more dynamic and interesting. (And you did that... good job!)

I also want to comment favorably on the content of your song. Music is kind of like water. If you take a gallon of water and put good flavoring in it, you end up with a gallon of beverage. If you take that same gallon of water and put a little bit of sewage in it, you end up with a gallon of sewage. Thanks for filling your gallon with that which is refreshing! (Philemon v.7) This is a much-needed ministry.

#56891 - 01/21/10 07:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Pat Marr]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
All I can say is WOW !

This is a great song with a super mix, outstanding vocals and lyrics. Robert this is your best to date.

Not only is this a keeper but it could also be a demo song for “how to use RealTracks successfully in a song”. GREAT JOB.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#56892 - 01/21/10 09:20 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: MarioD]
Mike sings Offline
Expert

Loc: Friesland, The Netherlands
Superjob Robert!
As Mario already stated: your best to date.

On each song you made I always feel like the vocals could use some (tiny bit more) reverb. But that is just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Good song, good production, good vocals and good harmonies. Absolute keeper!

#56893 - 01/21/10 12:01 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi PgFantastic, what a wonderful fulfilling song.
Like the Music, like the Lyrics and like the mix.
Well Done.

Regards
Michee

#56894 - 01/21/10 03:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Excellent Song. Fantastic message. Thanks for the reminder.

Don S.

#56895 - 01/21/10 04:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Curmudgeon]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Quote:

Excellent Song. Fantastic message. Thanks for the reminder.

Don S.

Don said it best. You did real good with this one Robert.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#56896 - 01/21/10 05:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Robert,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this song. The music is very catchy and the lyrics are direct and effective. The song is well-produced, too. Reverb is such a personal choice but, for me, you had the ideal amount.

I'm ready for the next one, now.
Noel

#56897 - 01/21/10 06:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Noel96]
Jeff Payne Offline
Enthusiast

This is sort of a Neil Young sound, if he was writing and singing for Christ. That's a compliment sir. Very good accompaniment to a fairly well produced song.

#56898 - 01/21/10 07:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Jeff Payne]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Robert,

I have witnessed first hand "The Power of His Love." God has given us our daughter back from the Swine Flu (H1N1) and Acute Respitory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) diseases. You'll never know how much these lyrics mean to me this day.

Keep writing and singing your songs brother, they are a blessing. You did an awesome job with the RT's here, it sounds great !!!!

You could have written this one specifically for us. I have witnessed his Love and Mercy throughout her illness. He CAN move mountains !!!

You did a fantastic recording. Keep em coming brother.

Trax

#56899 - 01/22/10 10:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Muzic Trax]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

It is wonderful news to hear that God has healed your daughter. He is so wonderful. Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked the song. Keep the faith. God will provide.

My Music
My Blog

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#56900 - 01/22/10 10:53 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
Russell DeMussel Offline
Veteran

Loc: Deville, La. USA
Robert. I always enjoy your songs. You have a really good, clean, voice. Your son did an excellent job on background vocals.

Usually I would also add a tad more reverb to a song. But this mix is perfect. I wouldn't change anything. It jut don't get any better than this Mate. Keep it up. Lookin' forward to the next one.

BTW I liked the ending. Perfect stop.

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

#56901 - 01/22/10 11:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Russell DeMussel]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Like Russ, I think the ending could NOT have been more perfect. Love the whole comp. Excellent work!!!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#56902 - 01/22/10 11:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Russell DeMussel]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

The ending was accomplished by using a 1/8 Push on the last 3 beats. Just for any that did not know how to accomplish that type of ending. Thanks everyone for the response.

My Music
My Blog

#56903 - 01/22/10 12:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Robert this is your best yet. Everything sounds great. I believe this could be a hit song!!occ

#56904 - 01/23/10 12:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: occ]
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

Loc: TEXAS, USA
Robert,

Everything has been said - but just letting you know i truly enjoyed. Great mix and message.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=933265

#56905 - 01/25/10 12:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: Powderman]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Love that harmony. One of your best yet.

Josie
My Videos

#56906 - 01/25/10 05:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

The Power of His Love

Oh, sorry.

I thought, by the title, that this was a pro gay-rights song.

Never mind.

#56907 - 01/25/10 05:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: FirstBassman]
John Whitney Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Western New York
Very well done!
http://www.soundclick.com/johnrobertwhitney

#56908 - 01/26/10 01:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Power of His Love [Re: PgFantastic]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

It is wonderful news to hear that God has healed your daughter. He is so wonderful.

Yeah, because doctors, medicine, and the body's own immune system I'm sure had nothing to do with it.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

Forum Stats
27966 Members
57 Forums
53945 Topics
445552 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
visioncl, Graybones, kikesh, RedVampirePrince, rockmarcus28

27965 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 476
David Snyder 148