Citaat:

IMO most softwares that come included with things like soundcards, etc. and have suffixes such as "LE" appended to them are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Found that out the hard way, I did.

Cubase, especially, while having a rather large following, is not a very intuitive platform IMHO, hard to learn, hard to set up, hard to keep running from day to day IME.

Realband or PT beats it hands down.

--Mac

I don't agree with you here. The LE-version of Cubase is a very powerful DAW, even if it doesn't have all the features C5 has. If you decide to invest in an interface to improve your recordings and you get a powerful DAW for free to go with it, why wouldn't you usde it? It saves you money on a DAW (if you don't have one already) and you get a free chance to try out the program. Chances are you won't run into the restrictions at all, at least not for the first year or two. I know a lot of people on a homerecording forum that use Cubase LE4 that haven't felt the need to upgrade to the full version.

I use Cubase 5.5 and am completely satisfied with that DAW. For me Cubase works far more intuitive than PTPA or RB. Also all the different ways of routing signals, the ability to work with DAW-controllers and the powerfull tools available (and the GUI) makes Cubase far more usable for me than the other DAWs mentioned.

Having said that, the coice of a DAW is however personal. A DAW must meed your needs and you must be comfortable with the workflow. Most if not all DAWs on the market nowadays are capable of recording a hit record. After all; it isn'ty the program, it's the person behind it who makes the difference.