Quote:

Inspectors??? They have their heads so far up their ass, they're looking out their eyes a 2nd time. (but I think they're licensed to do that)

Mick,
I pegged you for being a smarter guy then this statement portrays. I'm an ICC Certified Inspector in all trades. I'm also specifically Licensed in Florida & North Carolina. Making general statements such as this are ignorant. I assure you that my head is not up my butt and that I can build what i inspect. There are many like me. There are also many that are not.

As far as the International Code Council.We do not have a National Code. The ICC writes a "model" Code in order to help bring a little consistency in the overall format. ICC code is a best case everything be equal kind of Code. A Building Code is adopted by individual States. If your State has adopted the ICC Code in it's entirety without looking at things specific to your State, and amending it accordingly, that is their fault. Not the ICC.It was never meant to be adopted in it's entirety.It's a model. That's all.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php