Bob, I agree we should keep government out of the marketplace (in both directions), but not so sure this is all going to work itself out if there is no change. We have a pretty serious debt right now and very little to trade for it.

250,000 jobs sounds like a large number until you compare it to the unemployment number. If every job was filled it wouldn't make much of a dent. My personal take on this is that we actually make too little product and increase the price by trading the little we do make until it's value is dimished. A society based on service and trading doesn't have much of a foundation. Consumerism can't drive capitalism without product.

Take something with a value of X and trade it (repeatedly) until you suck 3X out of it and you have sucked the value out of the product. That's pretty much what happened to our economy. Repackaging and reselling those things eventually sucked the value out, so at that point my sympathy with those involved is also diminished. There; diminished! Now's it's a musical thread again.

Last edited by rharv; 11/07/11 11:57 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome