Peter:

Rather than list midi features that I'd like to see, let me state that it's clear that there are (at least) two different audiences for BIAB: those that want to create backing tracks for accompaniment and those that use the product to explore the inner workings of music. For me, at least, I use it for the latter purpose, and RealBand has been of no use. The so-called "new midi features" that have come with the new releases have been disappointing to say the least and I think that it's safe to say that the underlying algorithms that were used to generate entirely new melodies and solos with midi do not seem to have budged since 2008. When BIAB was a midi-only product, I could use it to learn music theory in a way that no textbook could teach.

With the introduction of RealBand, BIAB became a totally new product and its utility diminished for me. Though it probably doesn't make sense financially, I'd like to see a return to the original midi-based algorithmic compositional focus of the product, and further refinement to that model. Let's be honest - as it existed when a true focus on midi was left in the dust, BIAB was a hard product to beat.

Peace,
MD