A real issue with this VSTi is the fact that midi ports are volatile. They may not always be installed on your system. For example a USB midi port may be powered down. In addition, midi ports might not always load in the same order. Example; a USB port is powered up after bootup.

Because of this if you save a song with the midi redirector on a track it might not point to the same port you hooked it up to. In fact it may not point to a valid port at all.

Now there's no way, under the VST specs, to save the ports ProductName. Only long integer sized numbers can be stored.

So you'll need to treat this VSTi differently than you might others. If you save a song with the redirector on a track you'll need to check that it's connected to a valid port. A pain in the rump I know but unfortunately unavoidable as far as I can see.

Now if your system has limited numbers of ports, like mine, and they are always connected prior to bootup then this probably won't be an issue for you. I hope this doesn't make the VSTi useless to you. It is still pretty cool for my purposes.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki