Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
I think that the pixelation has to do with the codec, and perhaps frame rate aliasing issues. Keep in mind that the whole point of video compression is to reduce file size. This is accomplished by leaving as many pixels the same from frame to frame as possible; at least that's one of the methodologies. Codecs also 'group' like formatted pixels. You don't notice it when there isn't a bunch of change of color because the visual system is trained to see change (that's how it's so relatively easy to see satellites on a clear night). With the color chase, you are making the codec do what it doesn't want to. It's trying to group and keep things static, but you interrupt that with color changes that aren't necessarily part of the compression's expectation.

Try changing the codec - but your comment that the chase is kind of cheesy is right on.

I would work in some live footage as well with audience participation as part of the shots.

After really troubleshooting the pixelating I discovered the issue. There was no issue in real time. No issue when recording to the Webcam capture software. The only issue was recording using Video Pad software. The record bit rate was WAY too low. I upped the bit rate and it looks great.Except the sunlight in the windows.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php