fgrittner, You seem to be offering me some more practical advise for my present situation, but I always understand that things are not easy or simple. My Live Performance Environment uses a Laptop with several software programs such as BIAB, Ableton Live, Itunes, Max for Live, etc. I also have a Hardware Synth and sound module called a Roland Sonic Cell. I also use a keyboard controller and an AKAI APC 40 controller. BIAB side uses the Synth, sound module and keyboard. The other side uses the rest. So, my questions with using Boot Camp or a virtual machine like Parallels, can I get seamless use of my external hardware by switching back and forth. In other words, the PC side needs to use the Roland Synth and sound module and keyboard as well as the Mac side. I know that hardware drivers are always an issue and can be a pain! I do not own a Mac, so I am not educated in this environment, but if it is worth it, I may dive in if things will work together, Performing Live, in-front of Real People playing Real Music with Real instruments using a Real Mac (Maybe!)
Thanks for your response!
lb