Pat -

I am quite pleased that you came by for a listen and a comment... for 2 reasons... you are always so perceptive... and you are "to blame" for this...

I was working on the 1st version of this when you started the "songwriting" discussion - which led to discussions about "the current trends" in Country music.

I never really finished that first version (never intended to post it).
I was never satisfied with the sound of the acoustic guitars in it...
As the "current sound" discussion progressed, I decided to switch gears... How would this be done by "the producer" as opposed to how would this be done as a "songwriter's demo". Since almost everything gets that "big" thing applied these days, I went down that path...

And that often happens. If you happen to hear the writer do their version at the Bluebird, it is often a very different song than what ended up on the radio...

And... in fact, I wrote this in "one of those moments" that you describe...

"...the kind of introspective thoughts that one normally ponders when things are quiet.. maybe late in the day when a little tired mournfulness creeps into the thought processes."

It started looking back on something very specific that I "would have done different if I could do it all again". And it had that "pensive, mournful" attitude to it. I turned it into a "lost love" song, because, in the end, everything has to be about love....

So... Thanks! for all of that!... I enjoyed the journey (and I may just try out the idea of writing a new lyric to the bigger production...)

floyd