The dotted eighth notes followed by eighth notes makes no sense. Those should be sixteenth notes. Sixteenth notes are definitely supported, as can be seen. But there should be sixteenth notes after the dotted eighth notes.

I would try unchecking the "clean display" (which is supposed to clean up note clutter for notes entered in real time and not properly on the beat) checkbox and see if that fixes things.

Also, was this entered in step time (on the grid) or played in from a keyboard, for example? It might be showing the odd notes based on input timing, where the note was just a little longer than an 8th note, but not much and so shows up as a dotted eight, where the following note was longer than a sixteenth note and got interpreted as an eighth note.

That being said, yes, BIAB has notation features (which I wouldn't want to do away with, because I do read notation), but it is not a full featured notation program. I use other dedicated notation programs for that (and yes, I think XML will be the way to go for notation portability, so hopefully we'll get there, but that has to do with file format, not entering notes and display capabilities). And I think if they overhauled it the notation system to be more fully featured (and integrated), it would take a long time. Remember, the programmers that used to work on Sibelius at Avid went over to Steinberg to help create a new notation program for Steinberg (presumably to be integrated into Cubase). That was what, a couple of years ago? They're still working on it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com