Originally Posted By: lingyai

For RealTracks it's brilliant, and fine in 32 bit. For midi, when using large libraries, it's off-putting ...

Think about it. BIAB is so powerful – it could easily could be, say, a professional composer's best friend, or at least one of them. But professionals these days use 64 -bit, and have for quite a while, so they can access the power of Kontakt, UVI and other RAM-hoggy but top-flight virtual instruments which they have come to take for granted. You're not hearing their voices here, because they're not here.

The realstyles are wonderful, but that forces you to work entirely within BIAB, and that is just not a platform that makes much sense for any professional writer/arranger.

I do use BIAB quite often to create a starting bed for arrangements. This is always a MIDI -based process because that is the only practical way to get the material to line up in the notation program. The end result is a notation file that can support playback that sounds realistic enough for demo purposes.

I don't see the lack of 64 bit as being as much of a problem as the general lack of priority on MIDI-based styles. Most of the newer BIAB styles cannot be saved to MIDI. They added 201 RealTracks and 3 MIDI tracks in this release!?

I really don't get the obsession with RealTracks in a world that is moving so quickly to DAW / VST technology.

BIAB: 2023 UltraPak
DAWs: StudioOne 5 Pro, Cubase 12 Pro
Audio: Scarlett 18i20
OS: Win10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 Mem: 24 GB Vid: GTX-760Ti

sonocrafters.com