Quote:
So, JFord, how's the weather where you're at? Enjoying a nice beer? It's great here, it was pretty warm earlier in the week but it's perfect now.

Bob - I wasn't expecting to turn this into a popcorn munching event, and I am actually ready to get a beer to wash down the popcorn. Went to the beach yesterday (it's nice to be able to go anytime, since we're on the Gulf Coast) and really enjoyed the weather and the water.

I would love to see PG products go to 64-bit, and was saddened to see a collaborative effort between companies going away (at least temporarily).

But I'm not here to demand they do it; just pointing out when I notice something of interest and concerned about the ramifications. It's a business decision for PG Music to make and I'm pretty sure it will happen. They successfully navigated from 16-bit to 32-bit, so I'm pretty sure they'll make it to 64-bit. Sooner, however, just means more interoperability between PG Products and other applications that have already made the jump.

I pointed to Finale (which I know for many is a love/hate relationship), but the argument could be that they're not there yet either (but getting there). Going 64-bit definitely opens up the computer to run the applications in the proper memory space provided by a 64-bit operating system.

Okay, back to munching popcorn. Where's that beer?

smile

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com