Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Upper Michigan: Nine months of winter and three months of bad snowmobiling

When I was in a road band we played the UP in Ishpeming, halfway between Northern Michigan University in Marquette and K.I.Sawyer Air Force Base. They liked us a lot so we returned a few times over the course of a year.

Beautiful country up there, but way too cold for this Florida guy.

Summer was a couple of weeks in August. One Sunday at church, the priest said that since the temperature was going to be 75 (F) that day, he was not going to give a sermon so we can get out and enjoy the weather quicker.

In the winter it snowed every day, except for one - ice rain day. The Polar Bear club used to run over about 1/4 mile of frozen Lake Superior to then jump in the almost frozen water. And I'm bundled up with as much as I can put on and still walk.

Mario, that sounds like a hurricane only worse. With a hurricane around here at least it's warm outside.

And I read a couple of later posts about skiing. My question is this, "How do you get the boat through the snow?" laugh

So I understand what you guys 'up north' are going through. I wish you all the best of luck with no permanent damage to life, limb or property.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks