I don't know that I would call this "blocking", even though the article did. If the updates don't apply to your hardware and can't be installed, why would you want to try and install them? I don't know if that's really "blocking" anything. That's kind of like Auto Zone letting you know that the $9.99 muffler doesn't fit your car before you bother driving 60 miles into town to buy one. Since Auto Zone has no way to know what kind of car YOU have, they have to run the ad for everybody to see it and list what cars it fits, or if you tried to buy online, run some kind of disqualifying routine when you enter your make, model and year. This is kind of the same thing with updates.

But whatever. I am actually glad that I won't be downloading updates and trying to install them only to find out that they don't apply to my hardware. With 6 computers of different ages, spanning 6 years, there can't be an update schema for this one and another for that one and yet another for the others. I still have 2 that can't run Windows 10. Since they are just file servers they can stay on 7 forever.

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/21/17 01:55 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.