Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
You would not use open headphones as you record vocals; the sound would bleed into the mic.
You can, actually, but if you do, you will find Izotope's RX 6 to be a very useful tool.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/rx-standard.html

One of the new tools is D-bleed and that's what it is designed to tame.

RX 6 was just released a few days ago so introductory pricing, cross-grades and other deals abound. Check your favorite reseller. I'm a long-time RX Advanced user and pulled the trigger on day one. Other tools include De-noise, De-hum and the new De-plosive (formerly only in RX 5 Advanced). If you have noise issues, RX is a life and time saver.

Back to the topic. The Sony 7506 is good but I prefer the flatter, extended frequency response of the original MDRV6. Sony has discontinued them a few times over the last 30 years but many pros won't use anything else, myself included. The 7506 is a variant of the V6 with an enhanced midrange so that they are easier to hear in a noisy environment. The third version is the V600, designed for club DJs — avoid for critical listening (I have all three).

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5