Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

....At Last (I have NEVER heard that song done without the girl singer over emoting for effect, like "Oh look how soulful my white self is!!)...

...Etta James too white?, What are you smoking in that enclosed RV? grin

Larry

The girls in the bands covering it are white trying to sound black and soulful by over emoting. I was never a fan of that song anyway. Wasn't that the only thing Etta James was ever known for?

I heard it once and this little white girl sang "My love - mylovemylovemylove has come along". I ALMOST sent up a note telling her to stick to "Walkin' On Sunshine" (Another song that should be on that list) or some other such marshmallow fluff.

I have like 2000 CDs and 35gb of music on a hard drive and I NEVER listen to music anymore. I won't listen to the 22 minutes of music and 38 minutes of advertising per hour that is commercial radio so that's out.... Once in a while I watch a video of a concert but pretty much music has run its course for me. I tried to listen to our country station yesterday in the car, but they played 2 songs and then 12 minutes of commercials and DJ drivel so I gave up.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.