Originally Posted By: casak
Thank you guys. I will try Charlie's method to move audio track on another BIAB track. But I also have Realband in my package and I have installed Realband on my PC (Win 10). Is it possible with Realband to make a multitrack recording easier? What should I do? I do not know Realband very much. I have always and only used BIAB so far.

smile

There are many benefits to using RealBand for multitrack recording rather than Biab. This was a discussion more of theory than practical application. RealBand is designed for multitrack recording as a primary purpose and Biab is not. It is much more visual and has easy access to multitrack and mixing features that are more cumbersome in Biab. With RealBand, you have 48 tracks available before you have to move audio. A huge advantage with RealBand is the multi riff feature and also you can regenerate just a portion of a track rather than the complete track regenerating. So if you have a track where you are satisfied with everything except a small portion, you can fix just the part you're not satisfied with. It is easy to cut and paste audio in RealBand. It is easy to automate volume and panning in RealBand. If you have an audio interface that has multiple inputs, you can record multiple tracks at once with RealBand. RealBand shares a lot of integration with Biab and it is a DAW. It is the best of both worlds.

I grew up using Reel to Reel tape decks, Cassette Portastudios that had 2,4, or 8 tracks. My familiarity and experience make it easy for me to maneuver and apply old school techniques that are not needed when you work in a DAW environment. I enjoy working with the old school techniques and the challenges a limited count of tracks provides. It's not something that most would find as enjoyable as I do.

If you are doing a serious project, the project is the main objective so you will be better to utilize RealBand which will allow you to focus primarily on the music rather than the software. I recommend you learn and use RealBand for multi track recording.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/02/17 02:24 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.