Exactly. And the last updates were for Intel display items.

About still has me @ the 10586 version so I went to Microsoft, downloaded the Microsoft update assistant, Windows10Upgrade9252.exe and it analyzed my system and started downloading.

Obviously a huge download, as it has been running for about a half hour and it's only about 10% down. But then, I have a slow DSL connection, I'm about 3 miles from the end of the fiber optics, so all I can get is what ATT calls DSL Lite which I believe is .768Mbps max.

It's the price of living in near paradise. There is a 15 mile stretch of road, with a protected wetlands to the west, and to the east a 2 mile wide lagoon, a thin barrier island, and the Atlantic Ocean. Most of the lots are 50 acres or more, with only about a half dozen dead end spur streets coming off where people subdivided their lots before zoning said "no-no". I live on a half acre, one lot away from the big mansions in a 900 sq ft house originally built as a fishing cottage. 10 homes on this dead end street that was a portion of the original owner's 56 acre lot.

I'm 32' above sea level (a mountain for Florida) on the top of an ancient sand dune, and thanks to the water, it's a micro-climate, about 10 degrees cooler in the summer and 10 degrees warmer in the winter than the rest of the area.

I've been typing away for a while, and it's now 13% downloaded. It says I can keep on working, I can choose when to start the update, and if I don't like it, I can go back.

Of course, I did a full Acronis back-up before starting the download.

I wonder what spyware MS is going to install now laugh -- I know it's the price to be paid.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks