Originally Posted By: Lesley55
I am trying to enter the notes for a song that has a has a fill between key changes. Is there some way to indicate that the notes are a fill, and not to be played or sung? (I am making a "play along"). And is there a way of independently controlling the volume of the notes in the fill?

1. You could use a text box to enter some text like "not sung" or "instrumental".

2. The volume of the notes is controlled by velocity. There are a few ways to change this. If there aren't too many notes, the easiest way is via right-click on the note head and select "Edit Note" when in Notation Editor.... once there, just set the velocity to (say) 70, if the velocity is set to 90.

Originally Posted By: Lesley55
Another question. The part of the song after the fill is the same as the irst part of the song. If I copy the first part of the song into the second part, will it be transposed when I change the key? I want it to be transposed.

Copy the notes first using "Edit | Copy Special | Copy from... to...", then transpose using 'Edit | Transpose | Transpose from... to..." and, lastly, add the key change.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024