Hey Mario, I believe it has been said every fix to a carpenter is a nail or to a surgeon is a saw/scissors. Truly we are focused on our equipment and to me probably more about the lyrics. But I view a really good song as it's own entity an overall combination of many collaborations. The singer would deliver the expression and emotion to the lyrics, and is not necessarily the songwriter. Many great singers have never written anything and many good songwriters do not sing at all. To me a great song is a good marriage of skills from the musician, the lyric writer and the singer. I do acknowledge that some fantastic instrumentals do hold their own. But sometimes I listen to an instrumental called A Day at the Beach or Moonlight Dancer, that I think is possibly meant for me to feel that title or something and I don't get it. Sometimes I hear a singer sing lyrics and I can't understand a word they are saying, maybe because of a heavy accent or they never really learned to enuciate words properly. In both cases it takes something away from the delivery and the understanding and feeling of the song. I like it when people post their lyrics or a really good singer can enuciate the words properly and I can understand the instrumentals behind the song meaning.

Last edited by Belladonna; 02/10/18 03:30 PM.