Originally Posted By: beatmaster
This is nice and done very well vocals/track.

This is where some win a watch with BIAB as the strongest genre in BIAB is the country/cowboy/hillbilly one.

There are those who will argue against what I'm saying, but be truthful it is and always will be, harder to do songs in other genres and if you don't come from certain parts of the world (accent etc.).

Then you wouldn't do country/cowboy/hillbilly and sound good would you now..!

Beatmaster.... thanks for listening and commenting.

You're correct about a few of those comments. National accents are a factor, and if you're not familiar with a genre, yep... it can be hard to do it justice. However, you can study that genre and practice writing in the style/genre and get good at it regardless of your home country. Among other things, I write for film and TV and have a number of placements, but I don't try to write for rap and hip hop listings because I'm not a student of those styles and genres and if I did attempt it, the results would be less than stellar so I concentrate on the things I know and what I'm relatively good at doing. As a result I end up with a lot of my material being reviewed and some of those get placements.

BB can do many different genre's exceptionally well.... rock, country, bluegrass, funk, soul, new age and more. It goes back to what I said above... you have to know the genre and how it's written and put together in order to use BB effectively.

I've heard some really well done jazz, rock, folk, country, bluegrass, and some other styles and genre's here in the forum. We don't get a lot of funk or soul or new age, and almost no hip hop or rap.... but I have no doubt it can be done effectively with BB.

It's all dependent upon you knowing the genre well enough and knowing how to use BB effectively in that genre.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.